Ambulnz Health, LLC (Los Angeles County)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImVenom

Forum Probie
yes, i quit that place in a heart beat. company is no good. me and my partner would get ran, day dispatch is terrible. sending us to sylmar then to st francis. when there's other units closer. owner is never around. the sups are no good. came from companies that were lousy anyway. ameripride, aegis and impulse are all companies that were losing money. i learned alot from there. theres like 3 field sups, all are horrible. 3 dispatch sups. all terrible. i think management is sexist, but hey, that's my opinion. and theres a dispatcher from aegis who hits on all the girl emts. when me and my partner (girl) would be partnered up i'd always get off on time though. LOL

DialysisTransportsForDays

Forum Ride Along
For those of you thinking about joining Ambulnz for the money, don't. Just don't. It's such a **** show. Got my first taste of the new business model today since I didn't have a partner to work with, and it's so inefficient

VentMonkey

Family Guy
This'll be my last post on this thread, so as usual, take it for whatever it's worth to you.

I grew up in Los Angeles, I am a proud angelino at heart. I also started as a basic in this county, and know how many fly by night companies can, and will be. While I don't know much about this company, and again, am not hear to knock their play, what I will say is this...

These threads with trolls, instigators, naysayers, etc. will never end either, but it would be really nice if people didn't feed into it, unless of course that truly is your thing.

Bottom line is, these companies will probably not being going away anytime soon. The way the county does (or doesn't, depending on how you see it) business in LA in regards to EMS is at times sad, and deplorable. This was one of the pioneering EMS systems that sadly never evolved past 1975.

If you want to work here, or in Los Angeles for any company, cool, I did for half a decade, but knew that I wasn't cut out to be a FFPM, so I explored other options in other counties. If said company is successful, cool, more power to em, if not, well then it's one of many in s county very much over saturated in this industry with ambulance services.

If you truly aspire to be a "first responding" care provider like you learned in those awesome snap shots on your EMT books, go elsewhere. If not, well you have you pick down there, this sounds like yet another pick.

Ultimately, I think we can all agree that this thread need not get out of hand with slander, insults, and name calling. Again, goes back to the whole "professional image" we always gripe about. We ALL need to do a better job at this, and police ourselves.

FWIW, if anyone is ever interested in an EMS system in California that is almost as good as others outside a heavily controlled fire-based state, feel free to shoot me a PM, but know this now, I vouch for those who only can present a truly professional

Ambulnz

Forum Ride Along
yes, i quit that place in a heart beat. company is no good. me and my partner would get ran, day dispatch is terrible. sending us to sylmar then to st francis. when there's other units closer. owner is never around. the sups are no good. came from companies that were lousy anyway. ameripride, aegis and impulse are all companies that were losing money. i learned alot from there. theres like 3 field sups, all are horrible. 3 dispatch sups. all terrible. i think management is sexist, but hey, that's my opinion. and theres a dispatcher from aegis who hits on all the girl emts. when me and my partner (girl) would be partnered up i'd always get off on time though. LOL

We are always eager to hear from employees and anyone else interested in what we are doing at Ambulnz. We have an Open Door policy under which employees can talk with any manager they wish about any concerns, questions or feedback. We’d like to speak with you directly to address your concerns. Please feel free to contact us -- you know where to find us!

In the meantime, since we have had competitors pose as employees in the past to post inaccurate information about us online, we simply want to set the record straight about some inaccuracies in this thread.

We appreciate that any new approach can be challenging to understand or accept, and that misinformation often creeps into those conversations. The new model we are rolling out at Ambulnz is no exception, especially as we undergo a transition across multiple stations.

It is true that not all EMTs at Ambulnz are currently eligible to work under our new model. Instead, we are selectively graduating groups of EMTs after they receive the appropriate orientation training, including all the information they need to understand how the system works.

Those EMTs have full knowledge about how they are compensated and understand the benefits of our fresh approach. As the model is further tested, proven and expanded, more EMTs will have the same opportunity.

As we continue the transition -- including implementing our innovative new service model and continuing to upgrade rigs, uniforms and stations across the system -- I hope you and others will see -- and comment on -- the positive impact we are making and will continue to make together.

fatkid

New, but gettin the hang of EMS
We are always eager to hear from employees and anyone else interested in what we are doing at Ambulnz. We have an Open Door policy under which employees can talk with any manager they wish about any concerns, questions or feedback. We’d like to speak with you directly to address your concerns. Please feel free to contact us -- you know where to find us!

In the meantime, since we have had competitors pose as employees in the past to post inaccurate information about us online, we simply want to set the record straight about some inaccuracies in this thread.

We appreciate that any new approach can be challenging to understand or accept, and that misinformation often creeps into those conversations. The new model we are rolling out at Ambulnz is no exception, especially as we undergo a transition across multiple stations.

It is true that not all EMTs at Ambulnz are currently eligible to work under our new model. Instead, we are selectively graduating groups of EMTs after they receive the appropriate orientation training, including all the information they need to understand how the system works.

Those EMTs have full knowledge about how they are compensated and understand the benefits of our fresh approach. As the model is further tested, proven and expanded, more EMTs will have the same opportunity.

As we continue the transition -- including implementing our innovative new service model and continuing to upgrade rigs, uniforms and stations across the system -- I hope you and others will see -- and comment on -- the positive impact we are making and will continue to make together.

Why not just explain the compensation plan here since you, "want to set the record straight about some inaccuracies". I have not been in the system long, however; I have been here long enough to trust a lot of the EMS veterans that post here frequently and I trust and value their opinion. What have you got to lose by posing the compensation plan and new innovative service model???

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
So have management explain to anyone here how they will make your earn anything close to 72k a year as emt? Okay, maybe 72k was too much, so how about 50k. I am sure they have a plan to pay emt 50k a year with their technology and business plan that no one have thought of before?

looker

Forum Asst. Chief

Just be honest, there is no “new model” that you came up with that no one else have thought of. Also be honest that initial claim of 72k was used because it sounded ambitious and good for marking, getting people to talk about it. What better way of getting your name out there then to make a claim so outrages that people can’t ignore. That Is exactly what you have done with 72k a year claim. It also appears that you plan to flood the market with ambulances which honestly seems like a flaw plan. There is a reason why all of IFT companies have went out of business in the last few years (alpha was just fraud plain and simple). Also let not forget that Bowers the oldest company in Southern California have shutdown. Take all of this in to account and you think that your new model will somehow transfer the industry and even drive AMR out of town? Come on, you can’t be that ignorant to think that this will somehow work.

Eric EMS

Forum Ride Along
Hello Eric here. I am the "Model Manager" so I can confirm there is a model. I have been in EMS since 1992 medic in 93. What we are doing here is unique. Its exciting!

I am sitting here with some of our people in the MODEL. They did not want post here because they did not want to be flamed on. We are positive and forward looking people.

fatkid

New, but gettin the hang of EMS
Hello Eric here. I am the "Model Manager" so I can confirm there is a model. I have been in EMS since 1992 medic in 93. What we are doing here is unique. Its exciting!

I am sitting here with some of our people in the MODEL. They did not want post here because they did not want to be flamed on. We are positive and forward looking people.

OK, then where can we go to see this new model. The only thing I have heard is that employees are getting overworked with unrealistic expectations.

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
OK, then where can we go to see this new model. The only thing I have heard is that employees are getting overworked with unrealistic expectations.

please-dont-feed-the-trolls_o_574238.jpg

Eric EMS

Forum Ride Along

Come on in and ask for me I would enjoy the opportunity to discuss and have a conversation. I am here at the Monrovia station most days.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Come on in and ask for me I would enjoy the opportunity to discuss and have a conversation. I am here at the Monrovia station most days.

So if anyone can come in and talk to you about it why not post it?

People are getting "flamed on" because no one believes there is a true sustainable model to make the claims possible.

If it truly exists post it and stop being vague and telling people to come in and talk to you about it? Especially since many who are interested in hearing about it aren't going to fly all the way to LA to sit down and talk to you about it.

Until you post it people are going to continue to hate on your company and "flame" on you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric EMS

Forum Ride Along
So if anyone can come in and talk to you about it why not post it?

People are getting "flamed on" because no one believes there is a true sustainable model to make the claims possible.

If it truly exists post it and stop being vague and telling people to come in and talk to you about it? Especially since many who are interested in hearing about it aren't going to fly all the way to LA to sit down and talk to you about it.

Until you post it people are going to continue to hate on your company and "flame" on you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So it is... good luck with all you do. We are going to be over here just doing our thing. We have an open door. Please anyone who would like to come visit me come on by. EMS is my chosen as family, and I am investing my time and energy it making it a better place.

Status
Not open for further replies.