"Ambulance drivers" union negotiations.

OP
OP
Amberlamps916
Word on the street is that negotiations are going well...

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Nice. I haven't heard anything about it yet. Ill have to send some text messages out and see what's up.

SURFINOC85

Forum Probie
Negotiations have finished for the Rancho/Redlands divisions. They came to an agreement last Thursday. Now they have to send the contract to the International to get the final approval.

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
Negotiations have finished for the Rancho/Redlands divisions. They came to an agreement last Thursday. Now they have to send the contract to the International to get the final approval.

Really? I got to text my buddy. You know what wages they came up with

SURFINOC85

Forum Probie
Yes, I'm not too sure what the wages are are exactly, but I know it's not what everyone was hoping for. We will probably be comparable to the Riverside division give or take a few dollars. The contract still needs to be voted on by the employees, so it may not pass. We should be voting on it in the coming week or so.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Yes, I'm not too sure what the wages are are exactly, but I know it's not what everyone was hoping for. We will probably be comparable to the Riverside division give or take a few dollars. The contract still needs to be voted on by the employees, so it may not pass. We should be voting on it in the coming week or so.

Riverside division pay is already pretty much standard. I believe it's $12.33 per hour with OT after 40 hours a week and more than 12 hours in one day.

SURFINOC85

Forum Probie
Ya I believe our division starts medics off around $14 an hour, with time and a half after 8 hours and double time after 12 hours. These were pre-union wages, so from what I understand that pay will be a little higher if the contract gets passed.

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
Dang,

6% raises a year and now only 5%?

5% is a good raise every year, when a lot were getting laid off y'all were getting raises.

How much of that was COLA and how much was Merit? COLA is normally 3%.

Clipper1

Forum Asst. Chief
I bet the union dues will also go up and take a significant portion of that raise. Unions are a business.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Dang,

6% raises a year and now only 5%?

5% is a good raise every year, when a lot were getting laid off y'all were getting raises.

How much of that was COLA and how much was Merit? COLA is normally 3%.

We get a COLA raise and then 6 months later a merit raise. That's one of the beautiful things about working for a very big and very stable company.

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
We get a COLA raise and then 6 months later a merit raise. That's one of the beautiful things about working for a very big and very stable company.

I just have a hard time seeing the side of the personnel or even the need for a Union when you are getting such good and regular raises.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I just have a hard time seeing the side of the personnel or even the need for a Union when you are getting such good and regular raises.

We are not a union, and will never be a union.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
We are not a union, and will never be a union.

This. We voted on going to a union 3-4 years ago. 97% of employees said no.

We have amazing management, standard pay with raises, decent equipment. There is no reason for us to go union. I mean heck in the 2 years I have been there the only people we have fired got DUIs.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I guess I misread somewhere, I thought it said in the article you were union

Us (palm springs) and Hemet are the last two divisions out her not union.

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief

With that is such huge BS. I NEVER got my raise and we were union. They said because I did was hired in a certain month. And now we don't have a union just a mess and fights about who is going to take over now.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
With that is such huge BS. I NEVER got my raise and we were union. They said because I did was hired in a certain month. And now we don't have a union just a mess and fights about who is going to take over now.

That's riverside division for you ;)