Ambulance Design

Snotrocket

Forum Ride Along
I have always been interested in ambulance designs/graphics through out the world. Lets see what you got!

Here is a few to start you off...
Ambulance Graphics

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
JeffSTAT%201.JPG

I've ridden in this one. You want to shoot yourself.

The guys on the back are ACTORS!

tlc2.jpg

I worked with these folk in Louisana

volvo.jpg

And this one reminds me of a caddy.

Jon

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
Ambulances? We don't need no stinkin' ambulances. :D And yes, that's your's truly.

squad51.jpg

Here's the one I drive.

ra41.jpg

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your point o view), all the ambulances around here tend to be fairly traditional. In fact, when I pull into the ER, you have to actually READ the department name to figure out who's there since they all look more or less the same.

OP
OP
S

Snotrocket

Forum Ride Along
Hahaha Look at the "hero's" on the back of the jefferson ambulance hahaha.. Damn pretty boys.. lol

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Snotrocket@Sep 28 2005, 03:04 PM
Hahaha Look at the "hero's" on the back of the jefferson ambulance hahaha.. Damn pretty boys.. lol
That is what I said.

I worked there. I was there when they were taking the pictures. I've ridden in that truck.

They are ACTORS.

I would shoot myself if I was in that everyday.

Jon

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Chimpie+Sep 28 2005, 01:25 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chimpie @ Sep 28 2005, 01:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SafetyPro@Sep 28 2005, 12:14 PM
squad51.jpg
please...... update...... lightbar [/b][/quote]
You are joking, right?

That is SQUAD 51.

How could you say such a thing?

That rig did more for EMS than any of us could ever hope to.

Jon

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Lightbar - old and crappy

Squad 51 - those tones drive me up a wall. I can't stand hearing them.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Chimpie@Sep 29 2005, 08:22 AM

of course it is old.

It is Squad 51.

From the 1970's.

You can't update it!

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+Sep 29 2005, 08:55 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ Sep 29 2005, 08:55 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Chimpie@Sep 29 2005, 08:22 AM

Squad 51 - those tones drive me up a wall.  I can't stand hearing them.
of course it is old.

It is Squad 51.

From the 1970's.

You can't update it! [/b][/quote]
Okay, I wasn't picking up on the fact that it was the actual Squad 51. (just now looked at the lettering/numbers on the side)

I've never seen the show, to be honest. I think I saw a few seconds one day, wasn't thrilled with it and turned it off.

:blink:

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Chimpie+Sep 29 2005, 09:54 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chimpie @ Sep 29 2005, 09:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@Sep 29 2005, 08:55 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Chimpie
@Sep 29 2005, 08:22 AM

Squad 51 - those tones drive me up a wall.  I can't stand hearing them.

of course it is old.

It is Squad 51.

From the 1970's.

You can't update it!
Okay, I wasn't picking up on the fact that it was the actual Squad 51. (just now looked at the lettering/numbers on the side)

I've never seen the show, to be honest. I think I saw a few seconds one day, wasn't thrilled with it and turned it off.

:blink: [/b][/quote]
You are fired.

If you wern't inspired into being in EMS by Emergency!, you can't be a moderator.

Jon

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by Chimpie@Sep 29 2005, 07:22 AM

That's a classic light bar!

Twin-Sonic is the most well known and respected vintage light/siren unit. A good one will sell for more than any modern set up. I've sold two in my hx of ebay, and brought in over 800 bucks, after paying only 25 a piece from a vol. fire dept. who wanted to buy new bingo balls.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I saw something rather disturbing last night. A Federal Signal siren designed for the center section of the Vista bar,

The Vista bar isn't so great to begin with. Footballs are for tossing, no roof-mounting.

But them make a center-mount siren? The research shows that is louder inn the cab...... that is bad.

Jon

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@Sep 30 2005, 04:50 AM
I saw something rather disturbing last night. A Federal Signal siren designed for the center section of the Vista bar,

The Vista bar isn't so great to begin with. Footballs are for tossing, no roof-mounting.

But them make a center-mount siren? The research shows that is louder inn the cab...... that is bad.

Jon
Didn't OSHA come out with a rule several years ago that did away with roof mounted sirens due to the hearing loss suffered by emergency workers while driving code?

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
If you keep the windows shut it's fine.

I'm not deaf, and all the caddy's have roof mounted sirens.

Although, I guess if it were above the driver compartment, and the windows were open you'd have a problem.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by SafetyPro@Sep 28 2005, 12:14 PM
squad51.jpg

Sorry Chris, I had to go one step farther...

Chimpie w/ squad 51 w/ the lightbar on. HA!
squad51a.jpg

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by Chimpie+Oct 2 2005, 10:12 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chimpie @ Oct 2 2005, 10:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SafetyPro@Sep 28 2005, 12:14 PM
squad51.jpg

Sorry Chris, I had to go one step farther...

Chimpie w/ squad 51 w/ the lightbar on. HA!
squad51a.jpg
[/b][/quote]
:eek:

That's a Squad 51 Repro!

It doesn't have the antenna mount on the siren box!

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Yet you miss the irony of me getting my picture taken with it just three days after learning what that truck is.

LOL