Ambulance building hit with battering ram; supplies and equipment missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
. i already know the stats, just want every1 else 2 see what it takes to destroy a human body. well, i'm sure most experienced EMT'S/Medics could write a book telling such, but for the wannabes and the whackers i think it would be a good lesson.

well, what are the stats, do tell?

Cory

Forum Captain
as well as two firearms, an nearly 700 rounds of ammo. two shots were fired inside the building.

Is it common for fire stations to have fire arms in them? I would think it would be illegal.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Only $9k? That's not bad at all considering how much monitor/defibs go for, and how much AEDs cost.

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
Is it common for fire stations to have fire arms in them? I would think it would be illegal.

My guess would be that the FD or EMS is in the same building as the PD ;)

daedalus

Forum Deputy Chief
yeah i'll get right on that, especially seeing how we got our asses chewed today for talking about it and telling everybody else. yep, after i sat through a meeting and got *****ed at for talking about it, i'm gonna post a news article that tells the details of where it happened and has pictures the place looking like hell. yeah, i dont think so. i'm not that stupid. i don't like it when you have a director going ape crap on everyone.

P.S. watch what you post on the web; somebody else saw what i posted on my online blog and snitched to the director and the most senior Medic there. so yes, my *** was in the sling. was given a warning about posting such things online and was told that any other offenses would be dealt with accordingly. so yeah, i was pissed, but i wasn't the only one in the line of fire today. but i was the only one that got pulled into the office and given the wonderful fortune (taste the sarcasm here) of havign a closed-door one on one with the director, the instructor, and the Medic that ratted me out. why the heck does trouble just find me?

so in answer to your question, no i am not posting an article on here. i would like to not have my *** in trouble any more over this deal, and i would also like to stay in my EMT class. i cant believe i am already gettin crap for what happened yesterday. wth? and how does another department find out about the crap and try to start somethin'?! what the heck is up with this deal???!!! people are so frickin' quick to judge anymore it's pathetic.
Ok, dude, this is a good lesson for you. You seem very young, and I think your heart is in the right place, but your director is right. You need to concentrate on getting through high school or whatever and your EMT class.

You need to take a deep breath, and chill a little bit. Try and not care so much about EMS right now, and remember to be a kid. EMS will always be there for you, but your childhood/high school years/college life will never be able to be redone.

You have acted a little over the top about all of this. If you re read your posts, they are incoherent and more like a stream of angry thought onto the internet. This is not the place for that.

Becoming an EMT at 19 was the worst mistake of my life. I have missed out on a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
waht i am getting at there is the fact that every fool who wants an excuse to drive a big truck over the speed limit thinks he/she can be an EMT. i have no problem if someone wants to join the force, but they better not be doign it because they want to drive fast and go from 0-60 in no time flat. that's why they made racetracks, so if that's what they want they can go there. when will people ever learn that speed kills? ask those wannabes how much they like speed when they get on-scene of a fiery crash and there is blood everywhere and the pt. is toasted beyond recognition. somebody actually do the research and find out how many people get killed each day by driving like wired up maniacs who think an SUV is bulletproof, roll proof, semi-truck proof, or concrete highway barrier proof. i already know the stats, just want every1 else 2 see what it takes to destroy a human body. well, i'm sure most experienced EMT'S/Medics could write a book telling such, but for the wannabes and the whackers i think it would be a good lesson.

First of all, EMS is not a "force" as far as I know. A police department is a "force." An EMS department is not, as far as I am concerned.

I am not going to look up the statistics. If you bring statistics into an argument, it is your job to provide them, not ours.

People will never learn that speed kills. That is a sad fact, but people will continue to drive recklessly.

It doesn't take much to destroy the human body, if it's done in the right way.

Does anybody else agree with me about the signature thing?

Sasha

Forum Chief
First of all, EMS is not a "force" as far as I know. A police department is a "force." An EMS department is not, as far as I am concerned.

I am not going to look up the statistics. If you bring statistics into an argument, it is your job to provide them, not ours.

People will never learn that speed kills. That is a sad fact, but people will continue to drive recklessly.

It doesn't take much to destroy the human body, if it's done in the right way.

Does anybody else agree with me about the signature thing?

I agree with you on this one and his previous one. I also think he should tone down the vulgarity.

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
I agree with you on this one and his previous one.

What was the previous one?

I also think he should tone down the vulgarity.

And start using sentence structure, capital letter, and real words instead of numbers. But that may just be something that bothers me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Well... since the OP refuses to post a news article, the whole thing just seems odd.

I'm going to go ahead and lock this down for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.