Ambu driver endorsement in New Mexico?

FFMckenzie

Forum Probie
Hi I just moved from Cal to Nm I am in the process of getting my NM state Emt-B license (I have my temp) apparently National registry is not recognized in this state so I will have to take a transition course (Im in the process of) and state test.

Also anyone with info on the state testing that could give me any tips I would also greatly appreciate, I really do not know what to expect.

I was wondering what I have to do to drive an ambu here as I am going to be looking for work very soon. In addition I already have my NM class D (the regular one) license. Do I need to obtain the endorsement before I can apply? Any input greatly appreciated.

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
I was wondering what I have to do to drive an ambu here as I am going to be looking for work very soon. In addition I already have my NM class D (the regular one) license. Do I need to obtain the endorsement before I can apply? Any input greatly appreciated.

Have you tried a Google search?

OP
OP
FFMckenzie

FFMckenzie

Forum Probie
Have you tried a Google search?

Yes that was my first thought before I made this post. Yet I am unable to obtain any clear answer. I suppose I could call the regional EMS office, I just thought someone might know the answer off the top of there head.

Fir Na Au Saol

Forum Crew Member
Welcome to New Mexico!

There is no special ambulance endorsement on the NMDL. A Class D with a clean record are all you need.

Where in NM are you? That would make a little deference as to what services are in your area.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Albuquerque.

The you have Superior Ambulance ABQ which does IFTs, ABQ Ambulance, which is the main private 911 company in the ABQ area and is run by Pres Healthcare, Living Cross which services Valencia County just to the south, Superior Ambulance Torrance, which services Torrance county for 911 and is part of the Superior family, Bernalillo County Fire Dept which services the county around ABQ in conjunction with AAS (first response to the scene), ABQ Fire Dept which services some of the county areas and all the city in a first scene response in conjuction with AAS, Rio Rancho Fire Dept which does transporting to the hospitals in ABQ (RR is just inside Sandoval County), Sandoval County Fire Dept... etc etc. If you have a question about a specific service, just message one of us from the NM area.

OP
OP
FFMckenzie

FFMckenzie

Forum Probie
The you have Superior Ambulance ABQ which does IFTs, ABQ Ambulance, which is the main private 911 company in the ABQ area and is run by Pres Healthcare, Living Cross which services Valencia County just to the south, Superior Ambulance Torrance, which services Torrance county for 911 and is part of the Superior family, Bernalillo County Fire Dept which services the county around ABQ in conjunction with AAS (first response to the scene), ABQ Fire Dept which services some of the county areas and all the city in a first scene response in conjuction with AAS, Rio Rancho Fire Dept which does transporting to the hospitals in ABQ (RR is just inside Sandoval County), Sandoval County Fire Dept... etc etc. If you have a question about a specific service, just message one of us from the NM area.

Thanks much.