Almost there

eventer22

Forum Crew Member
Well, I've posted here a few times and wanted to update. :) i received my basic license, which was a waste because i came to find that neither service in my area that i can work for wants to hire a basic, even after i was told they would. :rolleyes: Anyway, I've finished my advanced class and now I test registry on the 29th and skills on the 26th. I'm really looking forward to it, can anyone give me some insight of what to expect at skills? That's what I'm most worried about. I know the skill, but when I get up in front of someone, i lock up. Thank you in advanced!

Pkreilley

Forum Probie
Just picture them naked! If you relax and know the skill sheet, you'll do fine. It's sad, but if you just memorize the skill sheet and have it down pat, you'll pass. As for the written test, it's hard to study for, but if you were a good student then you'll pass first try.

OP
OP
E

eventer22

Forum Crew Member
I was. We started with 33 people at the beginning of basic. We ended up with 5 finished with notebooks, ride time, and basic all done. I'm so excited to get my advanced so i can go work and start learning!

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Well, I've posted here a few times and wanted to update. :) i received my basic license, which was a waste because i came to find that neither service in my area that i can work for wants to hire a basic, even after i was told they would. :rolleyes: Anyway, I've finished my advanced class and now I test registry on the 29th and skills on the 26th. I'm really looking forward to it, can anyone give me some insight of what to expect at skills? That's what I'm most worried about. I know the skill, but when I get up in front of someone, i lock up. Thank you in advanced!

The NREMT Psychomotor (skills) exam is very straightforward. You will only be tested on skills you were taught, and will be tested in a straightforward manner. You can find detailed information about the exam here:
https://www.nremt.org/nremt/about/exam_coord_man.asp

Good Luck!!

OP
OP
E

eventer22

Forum Crew Member
It should be like a conversation, right? Does my pt have a patent as airway? Yes /no. Is it clear of all secretions and foreign bodies? Yes/no.