All About that Maine Life

Trauma Queen

Forum Crew Member
I'm looking to see if anyone has information on any non-fire based ALS 911 companies in Maine, specifically around Portland, Sebago, or Bath. I would like to stay more towards the southern portion of the state, and coastline, but I'm willing to settle.

I work for AMR in CT, but unfortunately there is no AMR in Maine, so I would need to start over. I currently work heavy urban city EMS, and would prefer to stay doing urban EMS. But realistically anything that is not fire based or volunteer would be good in my book. I searched through the forum and only found one post about it, and it died after one reply, so I'm hoping to generate some new information.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Did amr lose kittery? I was out a few years ago for a personnel shortage DRT deployment, and there were Maine operations at the time. We were based in Nashua and Somersworth, bit i have no idea what they've lost on the last few years

OP
OP
Trauma Queen

Trauma Queen

Forum Crew Member
Yea, they're out of Maine, unfortunately for me.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
A lot of Maine is fire based. There are some third services that are mostly volunteer with fulltime paramedics as well. I think two of the bigger private companies in the state are Delta and Northeast Mobile Heath, not sure where they're located exactly.

Not a lot of urban areas in Maine...