• Before posting in this section, please take a moment and review our EMS Job Posting Guidelines.

Alameda County, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Yes, Santa Clara County uses King Vision. San Mateo County uses Vividtrac. Morale is pretty low at Santa Clara County.

Why the morale problems?

gclol

Forum Crew Member
You guys have more ambulances to deal with the overall higher call volume just like any other county. Unlike Santa Clara County and San Mateo County, you also do not go available until your patient care report for the calls is done and printed for the hospital. San Mateo County has a 30 minute timer and Santa Clara County has a 20 minute timer at hospital! I am often getting dispatched to calls while still giving report/transferring care. I don't see how they could be busier than the average (South County units like Morgan Hill/Gilroy are slow) shift/unit in Santa Clara County. In my opinion, you guys have it easier not having to stay after work to finish a bunch of incomplete patient care reports at the end of the shift on top of the fact that we (like you guys) often get held over 1-2 hours running calls.
Out of curiosity what are your call volumes in your county? Your correct we have wall time at hospitals but that's out of our power to fix. County has a 40 min window but hospitals can only do so much to unload. Honestly I'll take the wall time because In the end your gonna run another call right when you clear. Least you get a breather at the hospitals.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
In Houston, we've got wall times pretty much everywhere, ranging from five minutes to five hours. Going to Ben Taub with a non-urgent patient is going to be some wall time for sure. Record is six hours with a suicidal ideation.

Status
Not open for further replies.