Votes: 4 30.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Wait no longer...

Yeah…but this requires a live person.

I mean the AI says to kill yourself. Then contacts the Rx computer and fills the script.

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Yeah…but this requires a live person.

I mean the AI says to kill yourself. Then contacts the Rx computer and fills the script.
Makes me wonder how the Third Party Doctrine and AI records will interact. I can easily see a scenario where an over eager law enforcement type claims that since the AI is not a medical professional, the records it generates are not PHI.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Makes me wonder how the Third Party Doctrine and AI records will interact. I can easily see a scenario where an over eager law enforcement type claims that since the AI is not a medical professional, the records it generates are not PHI.
Yep. A whole new area of law…overseen by an AI Judge in an electronic courtroom.

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
I think it will be an excellent adjunct. It'll never be just AI doing medicine, but it will be a very useful tool.
The nerds are playing around with human/computer cooperation in chess, as a parallel example.
I myself maybe am a case study... I'm taking flaxseed oil now after using ChatGPT to educate myself further on vegetarian nutrition and learning that fatty acids are easy to miss having enough of. It's a very efficient way to sort through masses of information very quickly. I think it will have applications in patient education with oversight, and I think it will make incredible leaps in preventing deaths due to human error

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Therapy chatbots have very limited applications (pun accidental) as of yet. Some psychoeducation, symptom tracking, and cognitive exercises that I've seen. May be useful for people with mild symptoms who can't get in to see a mental health provider for months, as is often the case.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Well, I personally think our biggest challenge will be having to deal with an AI teenager...