aemt online courses that can test out skills in or near NY

isaac

Forum Ride Along
Hi I'm an EMT-B and looking to advance paramedic seems to long a commitment right now any one have knowledge of AEMT classes and whats with online classes? many online sites require onsite skills training in states far out making it unpractical?

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
If your end goal is paramedic then don't waste time getting your AEMT. It will take not too much longer to get your paramedic than getting the AEMT course.

OP
OP
I

isaac

Forum Ride Along
ok tnx,
but same question in there a good online class with skills and rotations local?

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Hi I'm an EMT-B and looking to advance paramedic seems to long a commitment right now any one have knowledge of AEMT classes and whats with online classes? many online sites require onsite skills training in states far out making it unpractical?
NYS? NYC? its a big place my friend.. Potsdam up near canada to rockland county is about an 6 hour drive

Smitty213

Contributor of Tidbits
Unless you are planning to practice West of Syracuse, don't even bother. The Eastern side of the state either doesn't recognize it (New York City) or the region's limit your skills to essentially assisting a paramedic partner with an IV.

As far as online goes, New York in general does not take to online learning for EMS. To my knowledge there are no solely online EMT-B classes recognized by the state, let alone AEMT, -CC or -P, as the state sets a strict percentage cap on how much can be "non-traditional learning".

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk