Aemt/i Pay

Kevinf

Forum Captain
I am with a private service in IL.

Basics make minimum wage ($ 8.25/hr)

Intermediates (i-99) make a dollar more, (9.25) but cannot function above the EMT-B level.

Medics make $ 11.00 regardess of education or additional certs like PEPP or ITLS which are not required by my system.

Shifts are 24 / 48 here.

Geez, not a good market for EMS there. As an EMT-B I make several more dollars per hour than your medics do... and my company isn't even the highest paying for EMT-B's in the area. Is that service way out in the sticks? :wacko:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Geez, not a good market for EMS there. As an EMT-B I make several more dollars per hour than your medics do... and my company isn't even the highest paying for EMT-B's in the area. Is that service way out in the sticks? :wacko:
Generally rural services pay more than urban centers. EMS providers are a dime a dozen nearly everywhere, especially around training centers

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Generally rural services pay more than urban centers. EMS providers are a dime a dozen nearly everywhere, especially around training centers

Not so much out here sadly. The urban places pay the same and usually better to try and retain employees for more than a year or two. I'll take a slight cut to work where I do though, totally worth it.

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
Hearing some of these wages is truly sad, especially if you are on a 911 truck. I know basics do not have a lot of education but damn. Medics starting at $11? I did not get into this for money, but that would sure drive me away from it.

BlueEMT

Forum Ride Along
In Houston the avg pay for basics is $11-$12, AEMT is $14-$15, and paramedics start off around $18 and up.

ILemt

Forum Lieutenant
The wages here are average for paid EMS in this part of the state. I hate to say this, but it might be due to the fact that many services in the area are fire based. Either as part of full time fire depts or as part of a vollie fire protection district.

Kinda hard for us to make much money when the vollie dept in the next town over does our job for free.

I will preface my prior comment by saying that we are given health insurance ( $20 copay) and Aflac ( $10 per month).

DieselBolus17

Forum Probie
Currently in the County I live/work for the pay is: 13.67 hourly for Part-Time EMT-B, Full time is salary based and it's 44,500. For Medics it's full time only, Starting at 49, 500/ year.