A student's time....

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
Regardless of the class, the way I look at a student's time is this:

Imagine if you will, you have been involved in a bad accident. You are still conscious but only have a short amount of time to live. You have people that are important to you and there are some things you feel are unfinished. Now imagine I am there. (Not as a medic, but magic)I have the ability to grant you a few more minutes, maybe hours...........but it comes at a price.

How much would you be willing to pay to have a few minutes of time with the ones you love? To tell them what you needed them to hear..... To tell them what you needed to say?

I can assure you most people have responded the value is priceless. People would give every penny they had to spend 10 more minutes with a child or a loved one.

Therefore I look at it like this........when a person comes to a class of mine, they are giving me something that is priceless......their time. So you better believe I give every ounce of my energy to give them something in return.

You can't give a student back "time" so you better give them something darn good in it's place.

I have never claimed to be smarter than the next guy, I just have a true passion for what I do.

I guess I teach classes the way I always wanted to attend one...........

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
And this is precisely what makes you a good teacher. :)

OP
OP
DT4EMS

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
Thanks Jen!!:)

It is like that old saying....People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care.