911 providers: Does your agency charge people for having you come over?

Turborg

Forum Ride Along
Yes And No

In New Zealand, we are fully funded by a government organisation called ACC (Accident Compensation Corporation) for Accidents only. All medical non accident related call outs incur a part charge for the service. This varies depending on where you live between $75-$85.

Do I need to pay for this ambulance?
Yes: If you’re being treated and/or transported in an ambulance because of a medical emergency, there is a part charge you have to pay – even if someone else calls the ambulance for you.
No: If you have an accident related injury, that is covered by the Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC) for ambulance transport within 24 hours of the injury and if the injury meets ACC criteria.
Yes: If you have an accident related injury that is more than 24 hours old or injuries that do not meet ACC criteria, you need to pay the part charge.

Otherwise, if you are an overseas visitor, therefor not covered under ACC, then you pay $769.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Refusal are no charge.

Refusal after treatment such as albuterol treatment, diabetic wake up have a charge that is supplies plus a medic assistance fee. This is about $500 total give or take depending on meds if I remember right.

False alarm(pushed the button by accident,equipment malfunction) that came thru an alarm company is $100 false alarm fee.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Charge for transports or working cardiac arrests that we pronounce on scene.

Not sure how much, I avoid knowing so I'm not lying to people and can honestly tell them I don't know how much it will cost. I've got a rough idea of how the system works and prices but that's all it is...a rough idea.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
We charge for transports and "diabetic wakeup" type calls. No charge for unsuccessful resuscitations currently.