5 back-blows followed by?

Sasha

Forum Chief
seriously?!! this is your reply? I just read a locked thread where you were crying because someone was "rude" to you.

why couldn't you just answer the question without being rude?

Sorry to make this my second post. But i just couldn't let that go:excl::excl::excl:

Where was she being rude? All she stated was that her class was cheap and afforadble. Some are under the impression that a CPR class is outlandish. That's the best way to answer his question, take the class.

How does an old thread come into play on this one?

Do you have anything to add or are you just here to attack Ms.Medic?

8jimi8

CFRN
You know, you are right.

i had no reason to jump into the conversation. your question has been answered.

i was assuming you already took a CPR class and still had a question about the infant choking algorithm.

online forums do something weird to my sense of justice. Sorry again for butting in.

traumateam1

Forum Asst. Chief
Does Canada even follow the AMERICAN Heart Association guidelines?

If you are taught a different set, then that would be why you have no check.

I'm pretty sure we go by the Heart and Stroke Foundation Guidelines :p

Ms.Medic

Forum Captain
seriously?!! this is your reply? I just read a locked thread where you were crying because someone was "rude" to you.

Sorry to make this my second post. But i just couldn't let that go:excl::excl::excl:

Okay well first of all, I wasnt being rude, and second, Im under the impression that the OP was trying to find out info on how to do CPR/first aid, because the OP didnt know what was the right way of doing things were,,,,right ?????? If someone doesnt know whats right about CPR,,,theres a class for it, and it very cheap....

Oh and third,,,,I never "cried" because someone was rude to me, I was discussing why someone has to put everyone down in every post that is made, whether it was myself or someone else,,,,and that has been taken care of.

So, to make you aware, I was not putting anyone down, or being rude

Just simply stating that if the most recent facts on cpr wanted to be known, take an "updated" cpr class......seems pretty simple huh ???

OP
OP
G

gsxr150

Forum Crew Member

Thanks for having my back on this question. I too thought it was rude. I'm not dumb, just trying to clearify something.

EmsPrincess*

Forum Crew Member
You guys have it backwards. It is back blows first, then chest compressions.

Just finished Rescue CPR class two weeks ago and I agree 5 back blows, 5 chest compressions.
CPR when/if infant loses consiousness.

swindlman

Forum Crew Member
I was taught, Universal precautions, PPE, verbal stimuli (baby-baby), painful stimuli, then look listen & feel, open the airway, rescue breath, open airway, rescue breath, 5 back blows, 5 chest thrusts, jaw thrust/look, 2 more rescue breaths, check for a pulse, repeat as needed

reaper

Working Bum
You mean grabbing them by the ankles and shaking up and down is not the correct way?