3 Car MVA

keithptf46

Forum Ride Along
I am a firefighter/emt, I also work for a private Ems company. The day started out like any other few code 3 runs that werent anything, and then we get called code 3 to a nursing home, we made it about half way there and in the middle of the road there was a 3 car MVA I told my partner to stop and he did.
He radioed disp that we were at a 3 car accident no first responders on scene, disp said negitive continue to facility, I that point i said to my partner as im getting out of the moving truck "they can fire me" lol. I grabed our airway bag and went to the first car...............
Neck clearly borken over the back of the headrest and then a man comes charging at me save my baby, I look in the back seat of the car and theres an empty car seat, now my partner is at the other car, so i ask the man were is the baby, he tells me in side her she 9 months preg.
So I look back down and it was clear 9 months preg. So I started cpr, got about 3 full resperations in before her troat was closed. So I started commpressions only for about 10 min before help showed up and then I tried to tube her, wasent happenin.
After extrication showed up we got her out they loaded her into medic rig and that was that. 3 people lost there lives baby had a pulse when they did c-sec I dont know any more.
I have done this job for almost 5 years and in 5 years i have seen similar things. but this ladys face haunts my dreams, I woke up doing compressions to my bed, and spacing out. I dont tell my wife this stuff she would take it worse then me just from the story, lol. so any ideas??????

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Need counseling for PTSD.

Anjel

Forum Angel
yea maybe some counseling would help. You have to talk to someone about it. That's a horrible call to go on. You did the right thing though.