2 days left until NREMT, seeking advice

SashaCherie

Forum Probie
Any last minute advice would be greatly appreciated. I've been studying a lot, but my nerves are getting to me. With the practice exams I've been taking, they ask a lot about radioactive substances. Is this something I should know very well?

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I don't know hardly anything about radioactive substances except they are bad and if I know they are in an area, I won't be there. Brush up on a few things you know need some touching up to have your weak areas still fresh. Other than that, DE is right. At this point, you know it or you don't. My advice? Pour a nice glass of whiskey, turn on some Archer, and take some time off before the test.

BASICallyEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
Know your range of vital signs. Helps u determine how stable the pt is in scenerio

Colt45

Forum Lieutenant
Ah I am as well. But for Advanced. Look into Jb learning I have heard it's good as well. If your test is close to today's date dont waste the money unless you dont pass. Know your vitals and how to tell different diseases apart. Seems to be a lot of focus on Nremt tests.

OP
OP
SashaCherie

SashaCherie

Forum Probie
Ah I am as well. But for Advanced. Look into Jb learning I have heard it's good as well. If your test is close to today's date dont waste the money unless you dont pass. Know your vitals and how to tell different diseases apart. Seems to be a lot of focus on Nremt tests.
Yep. That's been my main focus: assessments (steps in order, to distinguish what I would need to do next), signs/symptoms of different medical issues, vitals, and anatomy.

Hopefully I do well and pass tomorrow. I can't wait to get this outta the way.

Colt45

Forum Lieutenant
Good job taking it on a weekday. I took mine on a weekend and waiting for results was pure torture. It will ask you questions like your child has a barking cough and these other symtoms that could be other respitory problems. But it wants you to be like " I know this is Croup and not whooping cough or epiglotitis because it says "Barking cough" and thats a key symtom of Croup. Stuff like that.

Colt45

Forum Lieutenant
Btw anatomy wont be to huge for basic at least. So yes, know the basic structures but spend more time with the other stuff. And dont cram tonight it will make you lose some long term memory stuff for a few short term items. Go to bed early and eat a good breakfast. Go in confident and dont stress over any one question. Pick your first answer and move on.

OP
OP
SashaCherie

SashaCherie

Forum Probie
Good job taking it on a weekday. I took mine on a weekend and waiting for results was pure torture. It will ask you questions like your child has a barking cough and these other symtoms that could be other respitory problems. But it wants you to be like " I know this is Croup and not whooping cough or epiglotitis because it says "Barking cough" and thats a key symtom of Croup. Stuff like that.
Thank you! That's been what I have been studying too. I will run through the respiratory s/s again right now. Lol

OP
OP
SashaCherie

SashaCherie

Forum Probie
Btw anatomy wont be to huge for basic at least. So yes, know the basic structures but spend more time with the other stuff. And dont cram tonight it will make you lose some long term memory stuff for a few short term items. Go to bed early and eat a good breakfast. Go in confident and dont stress over any one question. Pick your first answer and move on.
Ok, thank you. My biggest struggle is going to be trying to relax.

Colt45

Forum Lieutenant
A good thing to remember is realize its not the end of the world if you dont pass. You have many more attempts and you will be more familiar with the types of questions each time. I have faith in Ya' haha. Im having to remember all this myself ^ as I have to retake my AEMT test in a couple weeks. We will get through it!

OP
OP
SashaCherie

SashaCherie

Forum Probie
A good thing to remember is realize its not the end of the world if you dont pass. You have many more attempts and you will be more familiar with the types of questions each time. I have faith in Ya' haha. Im having to remember all this myself ^ as I have to retake my AEMT test in a couple weeks. We will get through it!
Yeah, that's true. I put a lot of pressure on myself to do well. Best of luck to the both of us though! Lol. I just hope to pass the first time around because I go back to school for Fall semester on the 15th and I have a FULL plate. Lol

Colt45

Forum Lieutenant
Thats funny Im in your same shoes I should get 1 more chance before fall semester and then Im going to be in trouble;) lol

OP
OP
SashaCherie

SashaCherie

Forum Probie
Thats funny Im in your same shoes I should get 1 more chance before fall semester and then Im going to be in trouble;) lol
Hahaha! The pressure is on huh?! Next semester, I'll be taking 5 classes, teaching Biology, assisting the EMT instructor (if I pass), doing ride alongs with my local law enforcement, and I have 3 kids. Lol.

Colt45

Forum Lieutenant
You have quite the full plate im just full time student and full time bartender haha. Still quite a bit going on though!