the 100% directionless thread

EMT2015

Forum Captain
man I can't wait for LAFD to call me in for the same...I've filled out my initial packet (personal history form and the like) back in August, last I was told I'm still awaiting an investigator to be officially assigned to me, although when I left my last job they said LA had already called them about me and got my files so I really have no idea what exactly my status is lol. I got that email a couple months ago saying I'm a candidate in the hiring process with information on the medical and psych (which is after backgrounds and the last step before getting an Academy date) which is def encouraging but it didn't explicitly say anything about my background status and I still haven't heard anything since so hopefully it's still chugging away nicely in the background...I've always heard Backgrounds typically take forever anyway and no news is good news since you don't hear anything until they say yay or nay...it just sucks spinning ones wheels in the meantime ha.

Maybe they're secretly following you and doing your background and you just don't know it! They're probably watching everything you post on here and judging how insane we all are! :D:eek::p:confused:

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Maybe they're secretly following you and doing your background and you just don't know it! They're probably watching everything you post on here and judging how insane we all are! :D:eek::p:confused:
I have actually been super paranoid about what I post on social media haha

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
No calls for 22 hours. And then a structure fire standby to get off late. Third riders are really ruining the night half of my shifts grrrrr. :mad:

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I picked up a BLS shift tonight. Why? Then straight to my 24 on Sunday at 0700. Then meeting Monday morning 8am. And then hopefully another shift right after.

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
I know this has nothing to do with EMS, but I have been asked to play a concert here in Phoenix with famous classical musicians. I mean like Carnegie Hall and Lincoln Center musicians! I'm subbing for a famous violinist. Somebody pinch me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the stuff dreams are made of!!!!!!!!

(Ida Kavafian, Arnold Steinhardt, Peter Wiley........) In case anyone is curious to look them up. :p

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I picked up a BLS shift tonight. Why? Then straight to my 24 on Sunday at 0700. Then meeting Monday morning 8am. And then hopefully another shift right after.

You're starting to sounds like me man.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I know this has nothing to do with EMS, but I have been asked to play a concert here in Phoenix with famous classical musicians. I mean like Carnegie Hall and Lincoln Center musicians! I'm subbing for a famous violinist. Somebody pinch me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the stuff dreams are made of!!!!!!!!

(Ida Kavafian, Arnold Steinhardt, Peter Wiley........) In case anyone is curious to look them up. :p
awesome!!

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader

Dude... Do you have any time off?

I feel your pain. I'm off tonight at 23:00 and back on tomorrow at 08:00 for a 48hr tour.

EMT2015

Forum Captain

That's so AWESOME!!! :)

EMT2015

Forum Captain
Well, ended up getting temporarily disqualified from the police department for 3 years. So can't apply for any job with them till 2019. Huge disappointment but another door has opened! I AM FINALLY GOING TO BE APPLYING FOR EMT JOBS!

CALEMT

When you have to hike to rescue a hiker who broke her wrist. Then you have to carry her back out on a stokes basket. Fun times.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
When you have to hike to rescue a hiker who broke her wrist. Then you have to carry her back out on a stokes basket. Fun times.
Either really old or a drama queen. Let me guess, in the city?

CALEMT

Either really old or a drama queen. Let me guess, in the city?

Indian Caynon on one of the hiking trails about a mile in.

....why'd you guys put her in the Stokes then?

Cause she was a drama queen and had to be wheeled out on the stokes with the big a** wheel on it. She so could've walked out just fine and saved my shoulder.