the 100% directionless thread

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Can you do the work yourself? If so order parts and save yourself the labor.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
So I clipped one of those concrete poles at the gas station in my personal pickup truck the other day. Pretty embarrassing. No damage to the pole, but my front bumper is damaged. Just got an estimate for ~1000 bucks to fix. Def a bit pricey but I can cover it out of pocket so now I'm wondering is it worth it to risk a rate hike by calling insurance? While my deductible is $500 (half the estimate) my monthly bill is over $200 as is.....So should I fill out the claims paperwork and jump through their hoops, or just pay the cash at the body shop and never worry USAA?
I'd do the work myself. Shop around a bit for the parts and put them on yourself at the very least. If you're scared to do the paint yourself, pay them to do that. It'll save a decent chunk.
Look at lkq parts, they're a parts recycler (sort of like a pick a part that's already picked them. Just a little more convenient). I've always had good luck with body parts from them. I even had them search for the same color body parts for me a couple times to save me the paint.
Also. I'd shop around a bit for your insurance. Im a 20 year old male with 3 accidents and 4 tickets and I barely pay that amount for my insurance. Full coverage for two vehicles. I know USAA is supposed to be good, but that seems excessive...

Speaking of cars. This was pretty awesome.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
So I clipped one of those concrete poles at the gas station in my personal pickup truck the other day. Pretty embarrassing. No damage to the pole, but my front bumper is damaged. Just got an estimate for ~1000 bucks to fix. Def a bit pricey but I can cover it out of pocket so now I'm wondering is it worth it to risk a rate hike by calling insurance? While my deductible is $500 (half the estimate) my monthly bill is over $200 as is.....So should I fill out the claims paperwork and jump through their hoops, or just pay the cash at the body shop and never worry USAA?

That seems pretty pricey for some minor cosmetic work. I would just pay out of pocket rather than have my insurance spike.

redundantbassist

Nefarious Dude
So, after about 8 months of eating cold food, I decided to go buy a $20 microwave for my dept's kitchen area... I think I finally got the medics to like me.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Tonight is going to be rough. One of the biggest nights of SA's two week drunk-fest (Fiesta)

CALEMT

Peanut butter and banana sandwich with extra peanut butter. Just the thing for those late night munchies.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I like nutella sandwich.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Buttered toast!

CALEMT

I LOVE those. Do you toast the bread? I have to have the bread toasted. And now I'm officially craving one. o_O

I was to lazy. I was in the mood of I need food and I want it now.

redundantbassist

Nefarious Dude
image.jpg

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
So I think now would be an appropriate time to start a pool on how long that SoCal EMS thread with Explorer-1 will last.

Over/under 1 week?

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
So I think now would be an appropriate time to start a pool on how long that SoCal EMS thread with Explorer-1 will last.

Over/under 1 week?
I really, really hope it keeps going. Where else could we get gems of wisdom from our friend Sulcan? Or Sultan? Or Sultam? Or possibly Tim?