FDNY EMS Candidates

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
No chief didn't say it but this is what regularly happens every class the bx is the busiest borough so the demand out there is high most ppl don't like being out there if u have to pay a toll to get there .. Every class at least 8 the least go to emd some chose to go some don't
Oh okay I hear you bro. Thanks for the update man. Good luck in the streets man. Hopefully be out there in 3 months

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
I wouldn't mind doing emd... Look at the bright side, no late jobs
You can get mandated to stay though. Emd isn't the most desirable job. ..at all. People say you make more money but it's only like an extra 1,000 a year

Hunter118

Forum Captain
You can get mandated to stay though. Emd isn't the most desirable job. ..at all. People say you make more money but it's only like an extra 1,000 a year
It's hard getting transferred out of emd also I did a rotation there it isn't horrible just depends if it suits u or not it can get boring quick tho but a lot of good ppl are there

Hunter118

Forum Captain
Thanks bro once again good luck to all if you're valedictorian of your class u chose which division u want lol so that should give u guys some motivation , also it's best to be in a busy area while you're on internship so u can learn the job and get off internship

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Thanks bro once again good luck to all if you're valedictorian of your class u chose which division u want lol so that should give u guys some motivation , also it's best to be in a busy area while you're on internship so u can learn the job and get off internship
Internship? Doesn't everyone get to write down what division they want?

Hunter118

Forum Captain
Internship? Doesn't everyone get to write down what division they want?
After u graduate you are on internship until u finish a certain amount of skills and call types it will take forever to complete if you're in a quiet area , yes u can choose your division doesn't mean ur going there tho .. Valedictorian goes to the division they choose

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
After u graduate you are on internship until u finish a certain amount of skills and call types it will take forever to complete if you're in a quiet area , yes u can choose your division doesn't mean ur going there tho .. Valedictorian goes to the division they choose
ok ok makes sense. you going to manhattan or the Bronx? or did you get brooklyn

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant
They wil continue to stuff the bronx as long as it keeps showing up in newspapers as the slowest response area.

RUMCEMT

Forum Lieutenant
It's a lot of PT the first 3 weeks once u break off into platoons u do less PT , PT isn't that bad but they try to whip u into some form of shape during the time they have u .. Push-ups squats .. Mountain climbs .. V ups .. Mile runs

Hey thanks man. Everything I'm reading about the procedure I'm having is that I should be good in 4 or 5 days just not sure how much intense pt is going to affect me. Is it strenuous or just a lot of it? I'm pretty sure if it isn't a bunch of heavy lifting I should be fine and if anything hopefully they move my procedure up a week or is then it wouldn't be a worry.

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
Hey thanks man. Everything I'm reading about the procedure I'm having is that I should be good in 4 or 5 days just not sure how much intense pt is going to affect me. Is it strenuous or just a lot of it? I'm pretty sure if it isn't a bunch of heavy lifting I should be fine and if anything hopefully they move my procedure up a week or is then it wouldn't be a worry.

Did you tell your investigator you are having the procedure?

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
I think that you should do emd if you wanna switch to fire. Save some toll on your body. That's what a buddy of mine is doing. Hes saving his back and body from getting injured now

MForest

Forum Crew Member
How many times are you able to defer? And are you able to sign up for the next test if you're not done with school and you potentially can't defer anymore?

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Anybody hear from investigator or supervisor about missing documents or for being up for final review for Jan 11 class?
On going to the Bronx, that would stink for anyone who doesn't put that division down but I guess u have no say gotta do what you're told which is cool. No bit deal. Emd I'm stuck on the fence about

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
You dont have a choice if they assign you to EMD so if you are iffy about being stuck there good luck lol... If you are chosen for EMD you are stuck there for 2 years too until you can transfer to the streets... A lot of people defer cause it would suuckk to get stuck there if you dont want that

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
You dont have a choice if they assign you to EMD so if you are iffy about being stuck there good luck lol... If you are chosen for EMD you are stuck there for 2 years too until you can transfer to the streets... A lot of people defer cause it would suuckk to get stuck there if you dont want that
Oh I'd rather emd then the Bronx dude. I thought u don't know what u get until u graduate unless they do it like they did last Jan and told people they are doing a whole class going to emd and they know befote the avademy ctarts..or u can defer for the regular emt class. But not every class is like that. U go through the whole academy and the day before u graduate they tell u whether u going to emd..or what station