FDNY EMS Candidates

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
A lot of people defer because they need to finish school or want some more time at their current job.. You can definitely just wait 1 academy if you have something going on.. Its only a 3-4 month wait if you defer. Just do what is best for you

jjay449

Forum Lieutenant
For the people In the academy now may I ask what's the usual daily plan in the academy. Meaning do you go in and review for four hours then do a little physical training?

acoustony

Forum Lieutenant
Hey all, I know this is a long shot but nobody has posted anything in regards to list number 6003. I know it just came out this past September but can anyone give me some insight on when I can expect my list number. I know I have a long ways to go. I've seen March for past exams. Does this seem accurate for when one usually receives there number? Thanks.

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Hey all, I know this is a long shot but nobody has posted anything in regards to list number 6003. I know it just came out this past September but can anyone give me some insight on when I can expect my list number. I know I have a long ways to go. I've seen March for past exams. Does this seem accurate for when one usually receives there number? Thanks.
You'll get lost February or March. Depending on your list number you wait to see when your physical is. If you get a75-80+ you can have phydixal as early as April and be finished with the whole process by july/august, then you would just sit tight and wait to get "the call" as some of us are doing now. But if you get the minimum of 70 then it could be a while. Expect about a year from taking your physical, to get into an Academy class. Best of luck

DannyDare

Forum Ride Along
Dcas said they were up to the 80s. Did u differ the October class? Has a supervisor or your investigator called u recently to tell u you're on final review? Good to see u post here man. Keep us updated in the next few weeks

DCAS is wrong, they did not get up to the 80's. I got worried and called my investigator when I saw this post because DCAS says they got up to 84, and I'm in the 50's. I thought they skipped me. My investigator told me that they only got up to around #30. Next class is January 11th and they will start making calls the last week of December

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
DCAS is wrong, they did not get up to the 80's. I got worried and called my investigator when I saw this post because DCAS says they got up to 84, and I'm in the 50's. I thought they skipped me. My investigator told me that they only got up to around #30. Next class is January 11th and they will start making calls the last week of December

Ah aright my bad for the info. I heard the 30s a few pages back as well, that's why I was surprised as to why it said 80s. Thanks for the information dude. Let us know when u get the call in a few weeks.

MForest

Forum Crew Member
Exam-5003
List-High 500's

I got a speeding ticket driving through Cortland heading to Syracuse earlier. Is this something I should tell my investigator ASAP? If so is this something that will hold me up from getting called? I feel like it's better to error on the side of being honest about that but I wanted to know if that happened to anyone else

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant
Exam-5003
List-High 500's

I got a speeding ticket driving through Cortland heading to Syracuse earlier. Is this something I should tell my investigator ASAP? If so is this something that will hold me up from getting called? I feel like it's better to error on the side of being honest about that but I wanted to know if that happened to anyone else

If you don't report it, its failure to disclose. I'd highly suggest avoiding that. That's a guaranteed way to make sure you never get hired.

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
Went down to Metrotech to get fingerprinted, as it was down when I met with my investigator last week. Anyone else had to go back for fingerprints ?

Exam 5003 #10XX
PAT Oct. 18, 2015
Interview Nov. 23, 2015

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Will your investigator call you when your in final review? Or only if they need something?
Yeah your investigator will call u if they need anything. But they won't just call u to tell you you're on review. I know I'm being reviewed because supervisor called me to fax something in to her

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
When are calls supposed to go out for Jan
buddy of mine got his 3 weeks before the class, he was close in number to where they cut the list before his off so he got it before the usual 2 weeks. so I'd say if your under 100 and close to the 30s, you could hear something the week of the 21st, 3 weeks before. But its usually 2 weeks dude, counting down the days, fingers crossed.

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
has anyone heard anything from their investigators on being on final review over the last few days? curious to see what number they get up to

RUMCEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Question for the guys in the academy now or previously graduated. During the first two weeks when you recertity are you doing physical training or just learning and practicals? Just wondering having a minor procedure done first week of Jan and supposed to take it easy for a Cpl weeks wondering how much physical training is done the first two weeks. Hopefully they move me up to December and it's a moot point. Let me know. Thanks

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Question for the guys in the academy now or previously graduated. During the first two weeks when you recertity are you doing physical training or just learning and practicals? Just wondering having a minor procedure done first week of Jan and supposed to take it easy for a Cpl weeks wondering how much physical training is done the first two weeks. Hopefully they move me up to December and it's a moot point. Let me know. Thanks
they do pushups, some running, situps, I know someone on here mentioned something on here about getting to "love the hill", not crazy amount of pt my friend has said, but depends what kind of surgery youre having dude.