FDNY EMS Candidates

Tvel207

Forum Probie
I haven't heard anything from my investigator latealy. Talked to her ,Mid October to hand in something and other then that haven't heard anything. Is this good? I always hear people say they will call if they need something. I would imagine if I haven't heard anything I'm in good shape?? Can someone clarify please. Thanks in advance

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
I haven't heard anything from my investigator latealy. Talked to her ,Mid October to hand in something and other then that haven't heard anything. Is this good? I always hear people say they will call if they need something. I would imagine if I haven't heard anything I'm in good shape?? Can someone clarify please. Thanks in advance
what list number are u dude. 207?

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
oh aright, im super nervous about getting skipped lol. might give my investigator a call tomorrow. not sure how much good that's gonna do but worth a shot. don't know if he'll give me much information as if im good for the next class or not. TVEL207, maybe give you investigator a call too and we'll know a little better after speaking with them. good luck dude

MForest

Forum Crew Member
Hey guys,
I just went in yesterday morning to get reweighed. I weighed in at a couple pounds less than what I needed to be so all is good. For anyone who took the medical, the nurse said that it takes 4-6 weeks to get your bloodwork back but that if there was something wrong with it (or anything else you did on the day of your medical) that they'd contact you much sooner than that by phone.

Has anyone heard or experienced the same? I was told to just contact my investigator and let him know I'm medically cleared. I guess it's just a waiting game now

Jcarl

Forum Crew Member
Hey guys,
I just went in yesterday morning to get reweighed. I weighed in at a couple pounds less than what I needed to be so all is good. For anyone who took the medical, the nurse said that it takes 4-6 weeks to get your bloodwork back but that if there was something wrong with it (or anything else you did on the day of your medical) that they'd contact you much sooner than that by phone.

Has anyone heard or experienced the same? I was told to just contact my investigator and let him know I'm medically cleared. I guess it's just a waiting game now
How much did you have to lose

MForest

Forum Crew Member
I had to lose 6lbs by December 4th but I wanted to get it over with as soon as I could
I just spoke with my investigator. I called him just to confirm that I'm medically cleared but he said that they let him know that once I get reweighed. I'm on 5003 and my list number is in the high 500's. I asked him if he thought I was going to be in the January academy and he said he wasn't sure. He said that his supervisor has my folder (I guess that's to go over my investigators work and make sure I have everything?). Not sure if the investigator's supervisor having my folder means anything

MForest

Forum Crew Member
I just spoke with my investigator. I called him just to confirm that I'm medically cleared but he said that they let him know that once I get reweighed. I'm on 5003 and my list number is in the high 500's. I asked him if he thought I was going to be in the January academy and he said he wasn't sure. He said that his supervisor has my folder (I guess that's to go over my investigators work and make sure I have everything?). Not sure if the investigator's supervisor having my folder means anything
He also said "just stay out of trouble and I'll let you know if I need anything else from you"

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
That would be cool if they got that high. We shall see what happens within the next 3-4 weeks.

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
If next academy is Jan 11 then calls should go out starting last week of December. 4 weeks from now. I emailed my investigator and have not heard back yet

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
You think class sizes would be bigger or there will be more classes in 2016, because they have a budget to hire more ems tours?

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
If next academy is Jan 11 then calls should go out starting last week of December. 4 weeks from now. I emailed my investigator and have not heard back yet
My buddy got a call 3 weeks before academy start date. So it's coming up hopefully. Billwill you're 28x? Hopefully they put in big class they usually call 300 to get 120. Let us know what your investigator says dude

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
My buddy got a call 3 weeks before academy start date. So it's coming up hopefully. Billwill you're 28x? Hopefully they put in big class they usually call 300 to get 120. Let us know what your investigator says dude
will do. hopefully i hear from my investigator this week. I will let you know what i hear. I really hope I make this class!

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Yeah man hopefully. If they stay with the calling 300 to get 120 pattern that I've heard they usually use, you'll be good man. Fingers crossed dude. Well know the first week of calls what chance guys in late 200s and early 300s have ya know?

Herroo50

Forum Crew Member
Spoke to my investigator last week, nothing new. She told me they're still reviewing files but didn't know what list # they were up to. So only a few weeks till we find out then