FDNY EMS Candidates

Bluestripe

Forum Crew Member
just called DCAS, told me I was on an outstanding certification, I know im beating a dead horse with this cause its always talked about. but thatss good or bad? im lower than 150s on the list, so I should be good for the upcoming class. anybody who is in academy or an fdny emt already can clarify id appreciate it.
I think it's bad but I wouldn't be too concerned , I was not outstanding and now I'm outstanding meanwhile my investigator told me yesterday that I am being considered for jan, give your investigator a call and ask to make sure your file is good and up to date

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
I think it's bad but I wouldn't be too concerned , I was not outstanding and now I'm outstanding meanwhile my investigator told me yesterday that I am being considered for jan, give your investigator a call and ask to make sure your file is good and up to date
Yeah I actually got a call from a supervisor to send in a document the other day. So I guess it's off my investigators desk now and passed up to someone else which is a good thing.

So you think a lot of people will take the power if they get it? Maybe get to 250 on list before they stop?

RUMCEMT

Forum Lieutenant
I got a call yesterday from the supervisor that I was missing something in the final review, but I sent it already. I guess they lost it. I resent it in and was told academy starts Jan 11th. My file is in final review and was told I should get in.

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
I got a call yesterday from the supervisor that I was missing something in the final review, but I sent it already. I guess they lost it. I resent it in and was told academy starts Jan 11th. My file is in final review and was told I should get in.
yeah man I got a call a few days ago from supervisor regarding a document I was missing. Hopefully I make it in, never told me about the academy or offered any info about whether I will not get in. I assume I have a chance being that my file is up for review for the class. pm me if u hear anything before me. hopefully we'll be meeting some time in January bro

RUMCEMT

Forum Lieutenant
yeah man I got a call a few days ago from supervisor regarding a document I was missing. Hopefully I make it in, never told me about the academy or offered any info about whether I will not get in. I assume I have a chance being that my file is up for review for the class. pm me if u hear anything before me. hopefully we'll be meeting some time in January bro

Def will man. Let me know if you hear anything too

FireRescue1322

Forum Probie
This is kind of a stupid question, but I'm just curious. How many times do you get a break during the class? Say like a 15 minute break here and there or a "lunch" break in the middle? Anybody who is in the academy now if you could help me out that would be great.

irene diakos

Forum Probie
I just got my letter for the agility test. How much longer until I get a call from an investigator if I pass on when I start avademy

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
I just got my letter for the agility test. How much longer until I get a call from an investigator if I pass on when I start avademy
a month of two after the agility youll have to meet with your investigator and bring in the packet COMPLETED, that you will get when u leave your physical. if your list number is in the 1,000s it'll be July, September 2016 before you get into an academy from past trends. good luck

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
January 16th is the next academy was just confirmed
January 16 is a Saturday, I was told Jan 11. either way that's a lot better than mid February. Thanks for the info brother. I appreciate it big time. If you hear anything else let us know. good luck the rest of the way dude

jjay449

Forum Lieutenant
To the guys who are up for this academy may I ask what was the extra paperwork that you needed to send into your investigator. If you don't mind me asking.

Hunter118

Forum Captain
Yea u will get a call 3 or 2 weeks out depending on your list number and the order they call and ok he mixed up the date but it's def mid January good luck to u guys as well hope to see u out there

Hunter118

Forum Captain
If u can chose the PM class tour 3 u get night diff and the instructors are awesome !! U will be glad u chose it if u get the option trust me

RUMCEMT

Forum Lieutenant
To the guys who are up for this academy may I ask what was the extra paperwork that you needed to send into your investigator. If you don't mind me asking.

Mine was just a signed letter from my wife stating she supported me when I was on unemployment. Nothing major