FDNY EMS Candidates

jjay449

Forum Lieutenant
Depends on how many dq and deferals there are I guess

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
Im trying to decide if I should reach out to my investigator and ask about my chance of getting into January or should I just wait till Christmas?

jjay449

Forum Lieutenant
I was eager to call my investigator also, but I'm going to wait until the first week of December to call and wish a happy holidays and ask for any updates.

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
I wanna say if they've called up to 30 on our list. Usually they call close to 300..so I'd say u have a good shot bro..fingers crossed..I'm still worried I'm gonna be that guy who gets the notorious random "skip" and not get called. I hope not. Give them a call today and see if they think u have a shot at this next class..then call again 2 weeks from now. Know what I mean? Can't hurt

Hunter118

Forum Captain
Depending on class size if there's going to be 120 to a class like normal groups then they usually get through 250-300 numbers it all depends not everyone that applied still wants the job .. Some fail or give up on the process or got called for pd Fire instead .. U all will get your call it's not hard getting on with the Ems division as long as ur turned all of your documents in that was requested of u , didn't get into any accidents since meeting your investigator .. Or have a expired or soon to be expired EMT card , Good luck to all .. Stop stressing yourselves lol

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Depending on class size if there's going to be 120 to a class like normal groups then they usually get through 250-300 numbers it all depends not everyone that applied still wants the job .. Some fail or give up on the process or got called for pd Fire instead .. U all will get your call it's not hard getting on with the Ems division as long as ur turned all of your documents in that was requested of u , didn't get into any accidents since meeting your investigator .. Or have a expired or soon to be expired EMT card , Good luck to all .. Stop stressing yourselves lol

Thanks brotha lol helps with the mental game of waiting haha how's academy going for u

Hunter118

Forum Captain
Thanks brotha lol helps with the mental game of waiting haha how's academy going for u
Anytime bro I know the stresses of waiting hoping for the call too lol it's cool tho take the state tomorrow we're approaching the last 2 or 3 weeks of the academy, u'll become a better EMT , meet a lot of good ppl and u'll learn to "love the hill" haha u'll see soon what I mean by that lol

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
haha sounds good Hunter, hopefully I'll experience what youre talking about in the next academy. Gonna be nervous as hell until I actually get the phone call offering employment. How long before the start of the academy did you get "the call"?

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
just called DCAS, told me I was on an outstanding certification, I know im beating a dead horse with this cause its always talked about. but thatss good or bad? im lower than 150s on the list, so I should be good for the upcoming class. anybody who is in academy or an fdny emt already can clarify id appreciate it.

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
and how do they split up calling people off 5003/emt and 5004/medic to get 120. is it different groups or what.

Hunter118

Forum Captain
haha sounds good Hunter, hopefully I'll experience what youre talking about in the next academy. Gonna be nervous as hell until I actually get the phone call offering employment. How long before the start of the academy did you get "the call"?
About 3 weeks before the academy , u will get the call bro don't stress it save that for the academy lol

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Medic and EMT classes are two sep things the call 120 emts depending on class size and about 30 medics
ahh okay so if they stopped in the 30s on 5003, they'll call up to what number u think to get 120 EMTs? I thought it was like 90 emts and 30 medics. thanks for the advice and the insight bro.

Hunter118

Forum Captain
ahh okay so if they stopped in the 30s on 5003, they'll call up to what number u think to get 120 EMTs? I thought it was like 90 emts and 30 medics. thanks for the advice and the insight bro.
If they are in the 30'sand it's a 120 EMT class I would expect them to get up to 250's

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
If they are in the 30'sand it's a 120 EMT class I would expect them to get up to 250's

Ah aright thanks hunter. Wasn't sure cause some people said they go through 300 to get 120..but I think a lot of people at the beginning of new list are gonna wanna take this job ya know.