FDNY EMS Candidates

Mugs89

Forum Captain
I'm surprised he even told you that...my investigator is quiet when it comes to the academy lol

Hunter118

Forum Captain
Lol trust me it was brief she didn't tell me if all my documents were up to par tho when I asked so I'm guessing they are convo only lasted 1 min tops lol

Hunter118

Forum Captain
I asked said she cnt tell me off the top of her head n she'll call me back but never did so I'm guessing all my stuff is up to par

Hunter118

Forum Captain
I asked said she cnt tell me off the top of her head n she'll call me back but never did so I'm guessing everything is up to par

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
Have they ever overlapped 2 academies? That would be crazy and I don't see that happening.. I hope it does but how would they accommodate 2 classes of 120 each at the same time

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
Anyone familiar with details for MEDIC and fire promotion?
You just missed out on the medic promo. Not sure how often those come out but probably not very often. Fire promo should come out next year sometime hopefully late like next spring

Ryan815

Forum Lieutenant
Anyone familiar with details for MEDIC and fire promotion?
Medic promotional is yearly and yes you did just miss it. Fire promotional exam is mostly likely looking like Spring 2016 with a filing period sometime the end of this summer or Fall 2015.. all speculation based on past practice

CPert519

Forum Probie
How long do u have to have on to go to medic, also if you want to go to fire will they hold you back if you promote to medic?

Ryan815

Forum Lieutenant
How long do u have to have on to go to medic, also if you want to go to fire will they hold you back if you promote to medic?
You need to have 18 months on the street before you can go to medic school. No because a civil service promotion is a civil service promotion. However if you have any PENDING disciplinary you can be held up for promotion until it is resolved. Show up for work and do your job. No one will bother you.

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
for the medical at headquarters, what should I be wearing. button down with khakis? and early 100s were told be ready for September, but realistically looking at January. they'd have to finish all of 4004 in july to get to us for September. fingers crossed though. good luck to u guys and girls

CPert519

Forum Probie
for the medical at headquarters, what should I be wearing. button down with khakis? and early 100s were told be ready for September, but realistically looking at January. they'd have to finish all of 4004 in july to get to us for September. fingers crossed though. good luck to u guys and girls
I wore dress pants and a polo, there were people dressed way below that dress code however and no one said anything. Id dress nice because everyone else there is in uniform and looks good. I deferred and am on 4004 there were people from your list thee however. And that was this past week. Get ready to spend your whole days there and be on time!

Mugs89

Forum Captain
Ya, just wear normal pants and a shirt. Ur gonna be taking ur stuff off constantly anyway. There are alota higher ups walking around so try to not be to under dressed. At my medical some guys came in looking like they just rolled outa bed. It was funny tho....sticking it to the man, maybe? Lmaooo

ballzolight

Forum Crew Member
just got a call from my investigator saying that he will be contacting my current employer right now, does it mean my documents would be going in to final review soon? I remember reading another post saying they got into final review/"waiting for the call" after that. anyone else got this call today?