FDNY EMS Candidates

ballzolight

Forum Crew Member
he was very brief, he asked if he may contact my current employer now or would I like to wait but I said no problem and call ahead.

Hunter118

Forum Captain
He called and asked if he may contact your current employer ? I didn't know they asked to do that lol are u currently employed with a ambulance company ?

ballzolight

Forum Crew Member
He called and asked if he may contact your current employer ? I didn't know they asked to do that lol are u currently employed with a ambulance company ?
currently with senior care ems, yea I was surprise why he would ask me, that's why I'm curious if anyone today got a similar call -.-

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
medical june 11, psych june 13. moving along very quickly. hopefully peggy Quinn was right by saying the group I was with is looking at September, hopefully they run through the rest of 4004 for july. good luck guys

Reyna

Forum Ride Along
Does anyone know the speed of the stair master? And what do you do to keep your hands occupied?

Hunter118

Forum Captain
Does anyone know the speed of the stair master? And what do you do to keep your hands occupied?
Not 100% sure but it's def alittle over moderate speed .. To keep my hands occupied I put my hands between the vest and the top of my chest it seemed comfortable that way to me , get lots of practice before ur test . Good luck

Reyna

Forum Ride Along
Not 100% sure but it's def alittle over moderate speed .. To keep my hands occupied I put my hands between the vest and the top of my chest it seemed comfortable that way to me , get lots of practice before ur test . Good luck

Thank you :) I'm actually trying. The gym location I go to does not have a stair master, so I had to travel to another one. Thats the only thing I'm worried about. Although I did the 3 minutes. But in moderate pace. So I'll speed it up a little tomorrow. Plus every time I step I would jam my toes. I'm scared I'm going to fall off. Thanks again!

Hunter118

Forum Captain
Thank you :) I'm actually trying. The gym location I go to does not have a stair master, so I had to travel to another one. Thats the only thing I'm worried about. Although I did the 3 minutes. But in moderate pace. So I'll speed it up a little tomorrow. Plus every time I step I would jam my toes. I'm scared I'm going to fall off. Thanks again!
That's great ! Don't be scared it's not that hard but it's best to prepare like it is lol no problem and yea haha that was challenging for me too I'm 6'3 and wear a size 12 shoe so my foot wasn't fitting lol had to stay on the balls of my feet

Reyna

Forum Ride Along
That's great ! Don't be scared it's not that hard but it's best to prepare like it is lol no problem and yea haha that was challenging for me too I'm 6'3 and wear a size 12 shoe so my foot wasn't fitting lol had to stay on the balls of my feet

Lol! I wear a size 7Y so it's sort of small. Still hurts. :p

jjay449

Forum Lieutenant
Tomorrow I have my intake for exam 5003, is there any tips/recommendations from anyone. It would be appreciated

FireRescue1322

Forum Probie
I'm from exam 5003 and list #9*. I just completed my medical on June 2. I completed everything just waiting on academy. Any ideas when l'll be in? Hoping for July but probably not likely. Maybe September?

naps89

Forum Crew Member
I'm from exam 5003 and list #9*. I just completed my medical on June 2. I completed everything just waiting on academy. Any ideas when l'll be in? Hoping for July but probably not likely. Maybe September?

I'd assume the class after July. 4004 still has about 400 list numbers to go through. Good luck!

ems101

Forum Crew Member
Hello everyone, I've been watching this forum for a very long time but never registered for an account until now.. Everyone here has been extremely helpful and very informative to one another. So with that being said, I'm off of exam 4004 and list number 10xx; so almost there! I just have a quick question, would you go with the am or pm academy classes? And what are the times for both? Thank you!

Hunter118

Forum Captain
Hello everyone, I've been watching this forum for a very long time but never registered for an account until now.. Everyone here has been extremely helpful and very informative to one another. So with that being said, I'm off of exam 4004 and list number 10xx; so almost there! I just have a quick question, would you go with the am or pm academy classes? And what are the times for both? Thank you!
I'd personally go for a morning class but the cons of that depending where u live is morning traffic .. Morning class is 7-3 night class is 3-11 .. Have u heard anything in regards to the July class ?

ems101

Forum Crew Member
I'd personally go for a morning class but the cons of that depending where u live is morning traffic .. Morning class is 7-3 night class is 3-11 .. Have u heard anything in regards to the July class ?
Well, not my investigator, but a different investigator contacted me via email to resend my social security card about 3 weeks ago, and he told me that there will be a July class. So I'd think that it's safe to assume that they're doing final processing on all of the upcoming candidates.