FDNY EMS Candidates

kettlebell

Rocket Surgeon
Anyone know about exam 4004? I'm done with everything (physical, psychological, medical, investigator) I just received my medical results in the mail with everything good to go. I did get a call from a nurse saying I need a cat scan because they saw a "shadow" on my chest x-ray. Will this hold me back from getting called for the next adademy?

What's my chances of getting called for the April class? My list # is 7xx. Thanks.

Chances are they will not push your application through till they have that CAT scan. You probably only have a few weeks at best to get those results to Metro Tech If you what a chance at the April academy.

Mattyc8910

Forum Ride Along
So what is the timeline normally like after the physical? What estimates and opinions are people having about being picked up in a class?

Hunter118

Forum Captain
Im in the 1300's everything completed and I was told im medically cleared , any chances i'll get in Aprils academy ? I hope so

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Any updates with physicals for the 5003 guys? My buddy is 1100s and was told by his investigator he'll be in April academy. Anybody else get mail for physical after list number 100..

Mugs89

Forum Captain
I'm in the 1200's, so I was set on July. However since the new budget, how many #s they went thru to fill the last class, and rumors of 2 academies, I like our chances for April.

Hunter118

Forum Captain
How many people that's on 4004 yet that have not received the call yet are on outstanding certification when you call DCAS ? Im outstanding

Reyna

Forum Ride Along
It will. Back in the day they would take any EMT or medic, and they got burned, now you cannot have lateness, absent or CD,NOI on your record. Also, there's too much of a turnout with people, waste of money. You wanna be an EMT, apply. Wanna be fire, take the fire open competitive, don't use ems as a stepping Stone, two separate careers.

I agree!!!

Tony1988

Forum Ride Along
Hey everyone I'm new here. I got my list number last week 7XX for exam 5003. Been reading all of this for a while, finally made an account.[/QUO
What mugs said made a lot of sense, there should be 2 academy classes in April but we don't know if they will do a repeat of the two jan classes. One emd and one both EMT and emd
There will not be another EMD class. That was just an experiment to see if it works. But that doesn't mean that Aprils class will all be going to the streets. Some still might end up going to EMD upon graduation

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
There will not be another EMD class. That was just an experiment to see if it works. But that doesn't mean that Aprils class will all be going to the streets. Some still might end up going to EMD upon graduation

To see if what works? Where did you hear that.

Tony1988

Forum Ride Along
To see if what works? Where did you hear that.
The FDNY took candidates off the list and sent them straight to EMD without going through the academy. That was used for staffing purposes at EMD. It was also an experiment to see if they can staff civilians at EMD. Emd has to meet a quota of 143 new employees by the start of April, this is why the FDNY did that. Also about half of this January class will be sent up to EMD right after the academy. There will not be anymore candidates coming off the list going straight to EMD as of right now. So Aprils class will most likely be going to the streets unless of course people choose to work at EMD

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
What exactly is the process after we receive our letters? (The letter after our list number)

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
The FDNY took candidates off the list and sent them straight to EMD without going through the academy. That was used for staffing purposes at EMD. It was also an experiment to see if they can staff civilians at EMD. Emd has to meet a quota of 143 new employees by the start of April, this is why the FDNY did that. Also about half of this January class will be sent up to EMD right after the academy. There will not be anymore candidates coming off the list going straight to EMD as of right now. So Aprils class will most likely be going to the streets unless of course people choose to work at EMD

At emd rotation, we were told they want to make it a separate civil exam, like fire dispatchers

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
So I guess nobody got any letters for their physical.. good chance top of 5003 makess October class since they're running through 4004?

Mugs89

Forum Captain
Lukgiel, is your class done with the academy this week? If you started Jan 12, it would be 10 weeks, this week right?

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Got my letter for physical last week. Quite a few on here that have also received one.
List number 9*. Score 85
yeah thanks brotha, no i know you got yours, was looking to see if anyone after you on the list has received one as i'm in the 140s. good luck with the physical dude