FDNY EMS Candidates

RUMCEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Hopefully soon man I'm in the 180's so we'll prob be in the same batch

MarissaAnn

Forum Crew Member
Where did u guys hear that there is a April 6th class ???? When I spoke to my investigator 2 weeks ago he told me the next class is April 20th... And my friend who is in the academy now said they don't graduate from the academy till the middle of April ...

Mugs89

Forum Captain
Some guy posted earlier that said his investigator told him April 6th and 20th, but who knows. And yes the February class graduates mid April, but there's also that January 12th EMD class that's also in the academy. They should be done with the academy this month, seeing how 10 weeks would be up.

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Not enough people from 5003 on here lol killing me that I saw the dude list number 99 get his letter. Real anxious now. Maybe next week the 100s will hear something. Anyone who knows someone in this range..if u hear something let us know. Thanks lol

RUMCEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Not enough people from 5003 on here lol killing me that I saw the dude list number 99 get his letter. Real anxious now. Maybe next week the 100s will hear something. Anyone who knows someone in this range..if u hear something let us know. Thanks lol
I'm in the 180's if I hear anything I'll post it

RUMCEMT

Forum Lieutenant
This question is for anyone already on the job. I already have my 4 digit shield number because I work on the 911 system at a hospital. Can I keep this number once I get on? The number did come from the FDNY?

Michael Iacono

Forum Crew Member
Anyone know if your a paramedic already if you have to run through FDNY paramedic academy?

Or do you just start working he streets at 43k?

Ryan815

Forum Lieutenant
You'll have to go through the PTOP class regardless. There's a lot more that you learn about within the fire department then just being a paramedic on the street.

Ryan815

Forum Lieutenant
I can't imagine that they would have 2 academies run consecutively at the same time. Each academy session already has 2 tours that run in 1 academy class.

True42

Forum Crew Member
Did anyone hear about the april academy ? And if there will be 2 in April or not ? For list 4004

There isn't going to be 2 classes! There is only 1 in April. It is supposed to be at the end of the month. This is what I was told 2 weeks ago when I received a phone call from the woman who is head of investigations. #65*, 4004

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
There isn't going to be 2 classes! There is only 1 in April. It is supposed to be at the end of the month. This is what I was told 2 weeks ago when I received a phone call from the woman who is head of investigations. #65*, 4004
Why were you not in the January/February academy?