FDNY EMS Candidates

kettlebell

Rocket Surgeon

kettlebell

Rocket Surgeon

RUMCEMT

Forum Lieutenant
That's first year but I know guys who in their first year made 50 something with ot. I personally wanna be an Emt. Eventually a medic and beyond. The pay should be higher and hopefully it will be in the near future. gioe to see you all eventually on the job.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
True you can work for a hospital and be played better but the risk of CDs and NOI increases. A lot of FDNY people told me on the job they stick with FDNY, do OT and if they need a second job, to stick with transport, less chance of being restricted or getting a NOI

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
EMS does need better pay and benefits but still you need to think about the big picture. Even though some people may use EMS as a steeping block to fire--- wouldn't the fire department as a whole rather have current employees and experienced candidates put before the other 40,000 guys who just want to be firefighters??? Don't fdny EMS deserve to be put in front of all the other who just apply and get a good exam score? I 100% agree and think the promo is a great thing

Experienced candidates?
Ems and fire are totally separate.
Carrying patients on stairchairs or administering meds, has nothing with putting out a third alarm fire or being first due to a 10-75

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
That's first year but I know guys who in their first year made 50 something with ot. I personally wanna be an Emt. Eventually a medic and beyond. The pay should be higher and hopefully it will be in the near future. gioe to see you all eventually on the job.
Like wise. Look forward

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
Experienced candidates?
Ems and fire are totally separate.
Carrying patients on stairchairs or administering meds, has nothing with putting out a third alarm fire or being first due to a 10-75

Yes, experienced. Working in ems I imagine that you interact with fire and police. Also as a firefighter i think it would be important to know how ems operates. All beneficial

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Yes, experienced. Working in ems I imagine that you interact with fire and police. Also as a firefighter i think it would be important to know how ems operates. All beneficial

That's why firefightets come to fort Totten, and we do drills together. Such as mayday.

I'm not knocking anyone's hustle, its just those people who didn't even take the fire open competitive, went straight to the ems open competitive, did not work ems, weather volly, 911 or transport and only see fire Iin their eyes. Its those people that don't deserve it. I'll probably take the promotional, mind you, I took the fire test and worked ems, both 911 and transport. I'm giving ems their due

Hunter118

Forum Captain
That's why firefightets come to fort Totten, and we do drills together. Such as mayday.

I'm not knocking anyone's hustle, its just those people who didn't even take the fire open competitive, went straight to the ems open competitive, did not work ems, weather volly, 911 or transport and only see fire Iin their eyes. Its those people that don't deserve it. I'll probably take the promotional, mind you, I took the fire test and worked ems, both 911 and transport. I'm giving ems their due
I respect that those who are aiming straight for fire with no Ems experience will have a long two years of Ems if u don't hve a love for Ems

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I respect that those who are aiming straight for fire with no Ems experience will have a long two years of Ems if u don't hve a love for Ems

If you don't have a love for it, don't do it.

kettlebell

Rocket Surgeon
If you don't have a love for it, don't do it.

Meh, I have done many thing that I do not love to get where I want to be at. Sometime you have to do, what you have to do. I think the problem lies with the individuals that do not see it as a job, one in which you are caring for the sick and injured, but more as some kind unjust hurdle that they must get through to get what they really want.

Techie253

Forum Probie
So, if we can get back to the topic of this thread... Has anyone else heard the rumors of the April 6th academy? As of now April 20th seems to be the next upcoming and that's it. It seems only 1-2 people have said April 6th so it's tough to believe there will be 2 academy's.

MattyMalverne655

Forum Lieutenant
So, if we can get back to the topic of this thread... Has anyone else heard the rumors of the April 6th academy? As of now April 20th seems to be the next upcoming and that's it. It seems only 1-2 people have said April 6th so it's tough to believe there will be 2 academy's.
I've been wondering the same thing so if anyone had answers please post it