FDNY EMS Candidates

nerdinnyc

Forum Crew Member
Hey guys I stumbled upon some interesting info today. Im currently enrolled in a RTI refresher course, I did it so I can get back into the textbook ems mindset before the academy, and I was talking to one of the instructors today after class,Tanya Delfino (shes sooooooo cool). She does the PCR lecture in the academy so im not sure if you April guys met her yet. She told me the July class is scedualed to start July 26th. Do you guys think its possible for them to start the academy a week after April ends? It kinda checks out, July 26th is on a Tuesday so orientation at Metrotech would be Monday the 25th. I should have fking asked her if thats something they would do but I was so distracted I really regret it. I test out Thursday too so I wont see her again. Man I hope July 26th is true I hate my job so much lol

Very possible. My class started the same week the previous class had their final week.

nerdinnyc

Forum Crew Member
thats weird ems does a count on deck now. I only wanna do that when I promote to fire tbh

The current administration want to make fire and ems the same. Eventually we will have the same uniforms, graduation ceremonies will be the same. A lot is changing and will be changed.

FDNY402

Forum Crew Member
Very possible. My class started the same week the previous class had their final week.
Cool thats nice to hear. How long ago were you in the academy? I honestly feel like this might be real. 1.)They need people from transcare going bankrupt 2.) EVERONE I talk to about this stuff always tells me their investigators says "July" 3.) An actual academy staff member said July 26th.

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
Cool thats nice to hear. How long ago were you in the academy? I honestly feel like this might be real. 1.)They need people from transcare going bankrupt 2.) EVERONE I talk to about this stuff always tells me their investigators says "July" 3.) An actual academy staff member said July 26th.
I will ask around some of the instructors tomorrow for you guys!

FDNY402

Forum Crew Member
Thanks Mellisa, I bet in about a month youll hear something about the next academy date. That seems to be the theme on this thread, when one class is halfway through, the current class will hear dates from the academy instructors. I hope your doing well and having fun! No matter how hard the PT is lol

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Thanks Mellisa, I bet in about a month youll hear something about the next academy date. That seems to be the theme on this thread, when one class is halfway through, the current class will hear dates from the academy instructors. I hope your doing well and having fun! No matter how hard the PT is lol

We stopped PT for now.
Our state practical is tomorrow and tuesday.
After that, we split into our own squads and do, scenarios, ops, evoc.
I'm not sure how hazmat or rotations will work, because i heard you need hazmat for rotations, so maybe wed-friday, we do hazmat.

acoustony

Forum Lieutenant
I have my medical Tuesday and just realized at the bottom of the paper it says "notary". I didn't even notice it when I got it. Can anyone let me know real quick if I have to get this document notarized ?

Mikezzzzzz

Forum Probie
Hi guys I'm list number 107* on 5003 I'm finally going to get all of my papers to my investigator it took a couple of months to get everything will that effect what class I will get into or will I even get into a class? And if so what class would I be looking at?

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
Hi guys I'm list number 107* on 5003 I'm finally going to get all of my papers to my investigator it took a couple of months to get everything will that effect what class I will get into or will I even get into a class? And if so what class would I be looking at?

Dude! I've been done with the paperwork. What took you so long

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
I have my medical Tuesday and just realized at the bottom of the paper it says "notary". I didn't even notice it when I got it. Can anyone let me know real quick if I have to get this document notarized ?

Are you a Chase customer? If so you can go to your local Chase and have it notarized for free.

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
I took a while to get everything to prove my residency he kept on sending me to get different things each time I spoke to him nothing was apparently good but are you in class already?
Not yet so you may be in luck. All they needed was either a Bill (utility, phone, etc) copy of tax papers, etc. Anything with your name and address on it. If you're still living with mom and dad your parents could have written a statement on your behalf as well

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
I took a while to get everything to prove my residency he kept on sending me to get different things each time I spoke to him nothing was apparently good but are you in class already?

Be sure you have EVERYTHING. You already did bad on getting everything to your investigator in a timely fashion. Be 120% certain that you will never have to see your investigator again. Proof of residency, conviction record, driving record with notarized statments for any infarction on your record. Notarized statement of any police reports you may have had to file, even if it is a simple motor vehicle incident that does not show up on your record. Diploma, etc

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
I went to the ups store and did it for 2 dollars. Did you know if we should eat or not before the blood test?

USUALLY with blood work you are supposed to fast because anything you eat can affect your blood work. Eat or drink something with sugar your results can possibly show high levels of glucose in your blood, etc. However you are going to be there for so long, so eat something light in the morning, and bring a snack with you just in case you get hungry. You will be there for a while.

FDNY402

Forum Crew Member
Hey April guys how much do you bring home in the academy? Im just ganna go out on a limb and say its about $400 a week, so is it about 800$ a check? Also plz let me know what class you in (am/pm) cause night diff