FDNY EMS Candidates

Jimazz

Forum Lieutenant
I'm in the 80's on #6003. I know I'll be in the Oct/Nov academy at the very earliest, I was just wondering when they may contact me. I heard you find out that you are going to start about a month from the academy?

80s too. You taking psych today?

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
I'm in the 80's on #6003. I know I'll be in the Oct/Nov academy at the very earliest, I was just wondering when they may contact me. I heard you find out that you are going to start about a month from the academy?
November/December you might be in that academy. But like dorky emt said, there's 700-750 guys ahead of you so that fills up the August class and some of the December/January class. They give you 2 weeks notice. Got my letter 3 weeks before the start of the academy and that wasn't the norm. Sit tight man. It'll be here before u know it

SIEMTB

Forum Lieutenant
I have my medical on Monday. Do we have to do the stairmaster again?

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
Oustranding! He was my IC when I was in the academy. Great guy.
Lol "outstanding" he is such an amazing instructor our whole class loves him. We got praised by the chief of training saying PM class has amazing grades and little write ups and we learned our "count on deck" in a few hrs and recited to chief and had it mastered and were given an hour lunch and am is still struggling so happy I choose PM. Even the instructors that help with practicals said PM class has our "****" together and they couldn't believe am class during practice practicals Not dissing any of my buddies from a.m I actually have a few friends in am that wished they picked PM they said they joke am class is "the walking dead"

nerdinnyc

Forum Crew Member
Lol "outstanding" he is such an amazing instructor our whole class loves him. We got praised by the chief of training saying PM class has amazing grades and little write ups and we learned our "count on deck" in a few hrs and recited to chief and had it mastered and were given an hour lunch and am is still struggling so happy I choose PM. Even the instructors that help with practicals said PM class has our "****" together and they couldn't believe am class during practice practicals Not dissing any of my buddies from a.m I actually have a few friends in am that wished they picked PM they said they joke am class is "the walking dead"

That's great. The PM class is usually the misfits, at least my class was lol. Glad to see they are making you guys do the count on deck and making it more like the fire academy. They didn't do much with us, but our instructors were great.

JZHusky

Forum Crew Member
November/December you might be in that academy. But like dorky emt said, there's 700-750 guys ahead of you so that fills up the August class and some of the December/January class. They give you 2 weeks notice. Got my letter 3 weeks before the start of the academy and that wasn't the norm. Sit tight man. It'll be here before u know it

New guy here. 16x on 6003. If that's the case then why do they even bother lying to us that we're going to be in for the July academy when we came in for the PAT?

I'm beginning to get increasingly frustrated and confused with these people. They send you random nasty letters to show and do stupid ****, then you hear nothing for weeks. Then again. The *apparently* false hope of getting on in July is what made this nonsense tolerable...

nerdinnyc

Forum Crew Member
New guy here. 16x on 6004. If that's the case then why do they even bother lying to us that we're going to be in for the July academy when we came in for the PAT? I'm beginning to get increasing frustrated and confused with this people. They send you random nasty letters to show and do stupid ****, then you hear nothing for weeks. Then again. The *apparently* false hope of getting on in July is what made this nonsense tolerable...

Welcome to the city of NY. If it's that frustrating then don't go through the process, but this is how the hiring process goes for all city agencies.

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
New guy here. 16x on 6004. If that's the case then why do they even bother lying to us that we're going to be in for the July academy when we came in for the PAT? I'm beginning to get increasing frustrated and confused with this people. They send you random nasty letters to show and do stupid ****, then you hear nothing for weeks. Then again. The *apparently* false hope of getting on in July is what made this nonsense tolerable...
Patience. it takes average of a year from taking PAT to getting on and that's with a low list number it took me a year. My pat was last April and I got in this April's class. also our class isn't ending till last week of July so I doubt they'll be a July academy most likely august

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
New guy here. 16x on 6003. If that's the case then why do they even bother lying to us that we're going to be in for the July academy when we came in for the PAT?

I'm beginning to get increasingly frustrated and confused with these people. They send you random nasty letters to show and do stupid ****, then you hear nothing for weeks. Then again. The *apparently* false hope of getting on in July is what made this nonsense tolerable...
This was actually the easiest process compared to every other city job I've processed for if 2 months is tough buddy maybe u shouldn't consider this. Most ppl wait years for city jobs

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain

If you don't want to be patient then why go through the pr9cess. Myself and others remaining on list 5003 have waited well over a year for this process.... Good for you, you're in the low numbers on 6003. Understand that there have been people waiting before you filed that are still not in the academy. If you don't like how the city works, don't work for it.... That simple.

Sincerely that ******* that waited 2 years and counting for his shot in the city ems system

JZHusky

Forum Crew Member
Lol so much hostility. I wasn't trying to be rude and "one up" anyone here with list number e-penis measurements.

My point was merely that it was unnecessary for them to provide any kind of timetable if it's inaccurate by more than 6 months. Just say nothing.

Cheers

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
Lol so much hostility. I wasn't trying to be rude and "one up" anyone here with list number e-penis measurements.

My point was merely that it was unnecessary for them to provide any kind of timetable if it's inaccurate by more than 6 months. Just say nothing.

Cheers

They usually don't give information like that unless you ask them. When I had went in for my intake sometime last year we had been told that they were TRYING to get us in as soon as we can, however there were a LOT of people on our list for EMS. As stated before. There are still 700-750 people waiting to get in. Out of that 700-750, some can be DQ'd for whatever reason the comittee sees fit, others could get in, others could just be deferred for medical reasons. There are too many variables for the investigators to take into account. The investigator's job is to get your folder ready for review.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
That's cute. Because I know an instructor outside of the academy and the instructor said that the am was better. Even finneran and Zac said it.

But that's none of my business.

We have a couple of guys who struggle during practicals, but those two guys are... well let's just say Idk how they chose the emt path and Idk how they passed the state exam lol

nerdinnyc

Forum Crew Member
That's cute. Because I know an instructor outside of the academy and the instructor said that the am was better. Even finneran and Zac said it.

We have a couple of guys who struggle during practicals, but those two guys are... well let's just say Idk how they chose the emt path and Idk how they passed the state exam lol

It's always a competition between t2 and t3. We played pranks on each other and had fun.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
It's always a competition between t2 and t3. We played pranks on each other and had fun.

Nah in all honesty. Most of the t2 and t3 guys get along. Funny **** happens in the locker room lol (no homo)

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
just a heads up am class will probably be in trouble monday we got a whole speech about it. One of the I.C's was using the bathroom during tour 2 in men's locker room and said he overheard the n word being used constantly and that it's unacceptable and he is beyond pissed and gave us a whole speech on acceptable words.

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain

Dude I meant nothing towards you or any of yous on here in am class were on the same team. Hope you didn't take it the wrong way

FDNY402

Forum Crew Member
Hey guys I stumbled upon some interesting info today. Im currently enrolled in a RTI refresher course, I did it so I can get back into the textbook ems mindset before the academy, and I was talking to one of the instructors today after class,Tanya Delfino (shes sooooooo cool). She does the PCR lecture in the academy so im not sure if you April guys met her yet. She told me the July class is scedualed to start July 26th. Do you guys think its possible for them to start the academy a week after April ends? It kinda checks out, July 26th is on a Tuesday so orientation at Metrotech would be Monday the 25th. I should have fking asked her if thats something they would do but I was so distracted I really regret it. I test out Thursday too so I wont see her again. Man I hope July 26th is true I hate my job so much lol