FDNY EMS Candidates

ems101

Forum Crew Member
OKAY. Technically, you have to be a member of the FDNY to apply for the promotional and the cutoff is 29 for both, open competitive and promotional. Guys, that first day you go for orientation you're all sworn in as members of the FDNY, but this doesn't mean you will all pass the academy. So, I think it will be solely up to the chief or captain of the BOT to let you apply or not. Think about it.. You apply for a promotion but the test may not be a couple of months after you're supposed to graduate (If you graduate). At that point all you'll be doing is causing confusion for DCAS and FDNY.

Hunter118

Forum Captain
During our orientation we were told technically we can file for fire promo if the test was out obv if u fail the academy u would be terminated from the list , secondly to be eligible to take the fire promo u cannot have reached your 29th bday during the date of the exam unless u served in the military .. No u cannot apply for promo if ur on any open competitive lists and have NOT been appointed the filing period comes out in 8/16 .. I'm currently in the academy and they discussed this already for us .. If ur hell bent on getting into fire thru Ems in the academy they don't make a big deal about it but once ur assigned ur station KEEP YOUR MOUTH CLOSED . It's your business

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
Do your research pal..you clearly just took the test and didn't know all the details to the process..
You said if you are on list 5003 then you are eligible to apply to the promo... that is 100% false. So maybe you should do your research and not give people false hope that are not ganna be hired in time to file for the promo. I may be one of them who just misses the cutoff.

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
You can file late for the promo..read the notice of exam for exam 2500..and aren't u list 18x..you'll be in February so what are u talking about

Paramediclopez911

Forum Ride Along
Hey guys, new to this forum. I'm on exam number 5004 list number 10x. I really thought I was going to be in the September 21 class, but never got called. Does anyone know people still waiting to get called? Thanks any help is highly appreciated!

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant
Hey guys, new to this forum. I'm on exam number 5004 list number 10x. I really thought I was going to be in the September 21 class, but never got called. Does anyone know people still waiting to get called? Thanks any help is highly appreciated!

Yep, me. I was 8x on the list, and didn't hear anything. Hoping for the next class. I've tried to get in touch with my investigator and CID directly to see if anything was missing, or something holding me up. Nothing back from them. Someone had mentioned here that there was a possibility that when I had to go get re-weighed that my info never made it to wherever it was supposed to go to get me off the medical restriction. Let me know if you hear anything.

Paramediclopez911

Forum Ride Along
Yep, me. I was 8x on the list, and didn't hear anything. Hoping for the next class. I've tried to get in touch with my investigator and CID directly to see if anything was missing, or something holding me up. Nothing back from them. Someone had mentioned here that there was a possibility that when I had to go get re-weighed that my info never made it to wherever it was supposed to go to get me off the medical restriction. Let me know if you hear anything.
So you're also a medic correct? I'm hearing March is the next academy bro. I called my investigator a week before the class started and they told me am still being reviewed. I guess there's more medics applying for FDNY.

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant
So you're also a medic correct? I'm hearing March is the next academy bro. I called my investigator a week before the class started and they told me am still being reviewed. I guess there's more medics applying for FDNY.

Yea, I'm a medic also. I haven't heard anymore. There were only 131 on our list, and I know people that a higher list number than mine got hired. Where did you hear March. I heard early next year from a few different places. Including at the intake. If I hear anymore, I'll keep it updated here.

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
Yea, I'm a medic also. I haven't heard anymore. There were only 131 on our list, and I know people that a higher list number than mine got hired. Where did you hear March. I heard early next year from a few different places. Including at the intake. If I hear anymore, I'll keep it updated here.
So you guys are medics on the EMT list?? Or are you talking about a different list than 5003?

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
I just spoke to a buddy and he said that you can take the promo once you get your ODA.
And he said the test comes out august 2016, not sure if its 100% true or not.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
Sweet. All good things! Can't wait for the day! Doubtful I have a shot atFebruary academy sitting at #28x but who knows..