FDNY EMS Candidates

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
I'm pretty sure what the mean by "preferred" is a minority priority hire... So basically you Gatta be hired before taking the promo. By list "#6**" I mean that is Mattchew list # in his signature. Being in the 600's you most likely won't be in the academy until summer 2016. That's what' I meant

jjay449

Forum Lieutenant
Hey Dr hopeful where did you hear that information regarding the next exam?

Hunter118

Forum Captain
Then I'd really like to know why number got skipped over. Had all my paperwork done (told so by investigator), made the weight at the first time I had to re-weigh, and never got anything else. I've placed numerous calls and emails to my investigator, and CID with no return at all. Hopefully I get the next one, but I'm not sure when the next PTOP class goes in.
Try to get in touch with Peggy Quinn as to why u were skipped not sure what her number is but she's head of investigations

Hunter118

Forum Captain
You have to work at least one day after leaving the academy to be eligible for promo
False u can take the promo test on the fire day u are appointed on the job which is your orientation date and u need 2 successful years in Ems to be appointed to fire

RUMCEMT

Forum Lieutenant
I agree with hunter the preferred list is for eligible rehires which means you were EMS left and are getting rehired you need two years after your appointed not on the list. Also if your too old you can't be promoted from what I understand

RUMCEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Really there's no age limit for suppression as a promotion? There is to get on from a civil service list. Where did you hear there is no age limit?

RUMCEMT

Forum Lieutenant
That is not true.

I don't know know who told you that but they are wrong I see your the same age as me and according to dcas we are too old. Below is from the last promotion notice. Would have been great if we could.

AGE REQUIREMENT: Pursuant to Section 54 of the New York Civil Service Law and Section 15-103 of the Administrative Code, you must be at least 171⁄2 years of age by the end of the application period and, except as noted below, you must not have reached your 29th birthday by the beginning of the application period to be eligible to take this examination. However, you must have reached your 21st birthday to be eligible for appointment.

Exceptions to the Age Requirement:

• Candidates who took Firefighter, Exam Nos. 6019 and 6506 must not have reached their 36th birthday by the

beginning of the application period to be eligible to take this examination.

• Candidates on Special Military Lists for Firefighter, Exam No. 2043 in existence on or after July 22, 2009, must not have reached their 36th birthday by the beginning of the application period to be eligible to take this examination.

• All persons who were engaged in military duty as defined in Section 243 of the New York State Military Law (including candidates on the lists noted above) may deduct from their actual age the length of time spent in such military duty up to a maximum deduction of six years.

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
False u can take the promo test on the fire day u are appointed on the job which is your orientation date and u need 2 successful years in Ems to be appointed to fire

So everyone that filed for exam 5003 Is eligible I'm almost positive. They can file for the exam late. It states that in the notice of exam for the last promo to fireman. But if you're 29 or over by the first day of month or last day of the month of filing you're too old

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
So everyone that filed for exam 5003 Is eligible I'm almost positive. They can file for the exam late. It states that in the notice of exam for the last promo to fireman. But if you're 29 or over by the first day of month or last day of the month of filing you're too old

Thats 100% false

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
I've heard that, as long as you're on the list waiting to get called, you can still take the promotional. Obviously you can't get the job until you put in your two years, but you're still eligible to take the test. That's what i've been told.

jjay449

Forum Lieutenant
I don't want to go against what you're saying, but ive heard that you have to be a member of fdny. Possibly being in academy they'll let you file for it.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
I don't want to go against what you're saying, but ive heard that you have to be a member of fdny. Possibly being in academy they'll let you file for it.

Nah its okay. We just gotta see when the test comes out I guess

EMS402

Forum Probie
Is there someone I can call and talk to about my status in the process? I'm almost 100% certain
I should of got the letter for my PAT. I'm worried maby someone messed up and forgot to send it, or it was lost ect. I really don't want to have to wait for another list number. Is there a number i can call?

Test 5003
List #107X

Jcarl

Forum Crew Member
Is there someone I can call and talk to about my status in the process? I'm almost 100% certain
I should of got the letter for my PAT. I'm worried maby someone messed up and forgot to send it, or it was lost ect. I really don't want to have to wait for another list number. Is there a number i can call?

Test 5003
List #107X

Call the number you called to get on the provision list then ask them to transfer you to investigations. They will help you. Also maybe they haven't got to you yet.