FDNY EMS Candidates

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant
Not sure. I'm a little nervous, since her list number is higher than mine, and I haven't heard ****.

Zy2091

Forum Ride Along
Hey guys, I am list# 117X still waiting on the call for september's class and I have a quick question. My current EMT license expires at the end of September and will need recertification. Do I do that at the academy? Or what is my next step?

Hunter118

Forum Captain
Hey guys, I am list# 117X still waiting on the call for september's class and I have a quick question. My current EMT license expires at the end of September and will need recertification. Do I do that at the academy? Or what is my next step?
More than likely u need to be certified while in the academy until u actually recertify on the state test .. Contact your investigator

Zy2091

Forum Ride Along
More than likely u need to be certified while in the academy until u actually recertify on the state test .. Contact your investigator
Thanks for the speedy response Hunter. Also I heard the last list number for August class was 1185, and I am 117X. Does this mean I got skipped because I haven't received a call/mail/email yet.

Hunter118

Forum Captain
Thanks for the speedy response Hunter. Also I heard the last list number for August class was 1185, and I am 117X. Does this mean I got skipped because I haven't received a call/mail/email yet.
Yea for whatever reason u were skipped idk why they skip ppl .. Were u cleared medically and handed in all the paper work u needed ? And are u currently on outstanding certification ?

Zy2091

Forum Ride Along
Yea for whatever reason u were skipped idk why they skip ppl .. Were u cleared medically and handed in all the paper work u needed ? And are u currently on outstanding certification ?
All my paperwork was in order and I was cleared medically. I didn't receive a letter to come in after the psych eval either so I am pretty sure I passed that. How do I check if I have outstanding certification? What do I should I do if I have outstanding status?

Last edited:

Hunter118

Forum Captain
All my paperwork was in order and I was cleared medically. I didn't receive a letter to come in after the psych eval either so I am pretty sure I passed that. How do I check if I have outstanding certification? What do I should I do if I have it?
Call DCAS

Mugs89

Forum Captain
It's most likely cause of the expiring certification. You would be a certified EMT for like a week in this academy. I don't think they'd allow that.

Zy2091

Forum Ride Along
It's most likely cause of the expiring certification. You would be a certified EMT for like a week in this academy. I don't think they'd allow that.
If I get recertified, would they put me at the end if the list on 5004? Or will I still be able to get into academy this year? I can't wait another year.

Hunter118

Forum Captain
Yea that could be it .. Best thing to do is contact your investigator an
If I get recertified, would they put me at the end if the list on 5004? Or will I still be able to get into academy this year? I can't wait another year.
u will most likely be in the academy when u have a updated cert but call your investigator see if u can get thru to them and call DCAS to see if you're on outstanding certification or not

Zy2091

Forum Ride Along
I just found out from dcas automated line that I do have outstanding certification and I will call my investigator today. Thanks for your help Hunter.

Mugs89

Forum Captain
Ya yo, honestly they should've given you a shot at July. Waiting is the worst, especially if it's another year. You were prolly to close to expiring for them.

Glenn

Forum Crew Member
Good luck transferring from EMD..that will never happen. The only way is to get to medic basic or FF. Best bet is to know someone with eagles or bars on their shoulders (if you know what i mean)
UGH! Great