FDNY EMS Candidates

Mugs89

Forum Captain
They are right next to my # haven't heard anything....I expect the calls to start end of next week

Miah Mars

Forum Ride Along
This is exactly the same letter that i received. You need to call dcas and get put back on the list...not fdny call dcas itself...you will have to write a letter asking to be put back on the list. I plan to reapply in September regardless. I never got a reason as to why i got skipped so many times either. Sucks but your not DQed.
I did call dcas, they directed me to call HR at FDNY, but I think I was supposed to write a letter to be put back on the list within 30 days of receiving that letter but my investigator just told me to wait it out so the HR told me only her supervisor can tell me why I was skipped and it's not easy to get a hold of the supervisor so I just gave up and plan on starting rt school in February. This is not worth it

Glenn

Forum Crew Member
Quit FDNY and get another job on an ambulance...easy solution.
I have always wanted to be an EMT then work to be a Paramedic for FDNY and that is why I signed and I would not be quitting. Private ambulance is not as good as the FDNY.

Glenn

Forum Crew Member
Glenn any Academy tips?
Be early for all classes and study, you will get quized a lot! The instructors are pretty cool, they try to work with you. The physical training was pretty easy.

Just listen, study and follow rules, you DO NOT want a writen up.

andres R

Forum Probie
Tell me about it, the Benifits and theres tons of transport for the elderly unless you work for a hospital then it's almost like the FDNY with the 911 calls.
Good luck transferring from EMD..that will never happen. The only way is to get to medic basic or FF. Best bet is to know someone with eagles or bars on their shoulders (if you know what i mean)

Xerjak

Forum Crew Member
Can you take the promotional to firefighter after two years in dispatch?