FDNY EMS Candidates

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant
I've heard the 21st from the investigators at the agility, and then the intake. This is the first I'm hearing for the 14th, and a friend of mine who is in the July class just told me today he is hearing the 28th.

jbrown4president

Forum Probie
I've learned more about what I'm supposed to be doing or what's going on from this board then the FDNY. Lol thanks for keeping everything current and hopefully I'll see you guys out there

Hunter118

Forum Captain
I heard it was the 21st for the longest , calls should start early to mid sept I'm hoping they finish off the 4004 list this class of 120 candidates

Boooooooooom

Forum Ride Along
Hey guys I was wondering if you could help me out. My list number is 1076 on exam 5003. Its very high I know, but my problem is not waiting my problem is knowing whether or not I was forgotten. Do they randomly take people off the list? Is there anyone here on the 5003 list with a number close to 1076? And if so, have you gotten the date you take the agility test yet? I'm kinda freaking out I got my list number in February and never heard back for my next step.

ems101

Forum Crew Member
It takes a while. You have a list number that was fairly close to mine on the last exam and I took that in September of 2013 and got called for the agility in I believe September of 2014 .. And didn't get the call until July 2015 .. So you do the math. But it also depends on the needs of the department; if they need people you might be up sooner than you expect.

ems101

Forum Crew Member
Ahh man it's going great. It's a very fun learning experience.. Learned more than I ever knew about EMS and still learning some more. But yea if you just listen to the instructors you'll be golden.

MForest

Forum Crew Member
Does anyone know what they test for with the blood test at the medical? What other tests do they perform at the medical?

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
How many people do they usually call to get 120 people to fill an academy. Hope Peggy Quinn was right and people under 200 on 5003 have chance at september. What do u guys think. Good luck to everyone in academy now.

ems101

Forum Crew Member
I highly doubt that. There's about 300 people left on 4004 and September will probably be a class of 120. So hopefully they finish 4004 off in September and start 5003 after the September academy. And as far as the medical; your blood will be checked for almost everything you can think of. They also do a chest X-RAY, your normal vitals (including weight), urine, lung capacity (I think), test you for a mask, and a final visit with the doc. So be prepared for a long day!

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Ems101 thanks for the quick response. Appreciate it. Are they gonna be doing any emd classes start of 2016 2 academies back to back or no? Or Just one February academy..as far as u know. Thanks for the help dude. Good luck the rest of the way

ems101

Forum Crew Member
No problem bro. And it really depends on the needs but I don't think so. And I'm actually not sure about the academy dates .. But I deff know that there will be a September academy.. good luck through the process!

MForest

Forum Crew Member
On the day of the psychological test is there anything else that we do? And what is the test format like?

Jcarl

Forum Crew Member
On the day of the psychological test is there anything else that we do? And what is the test format like?

It's 567 questions you only take the test. It's really annoying they ask you the same question in different format multiple times. You also fill out a job history form and a another fourm of your psych history and school history. It takes about 4 hours