FDNY EMS Candidates

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant
There's not too much to "prep" for. It's your basic straight forward physical.

Don't be over their weight standard, and if you have had any prior surgeries try to get all the paperwork you can about it and bring it that day. Ortho will want to take a look at it. Everything else you can't do much for, blood test, vitals, eye/ear exams. Stuff like that.

Mugs89

Forum Captain
Expect the whole day....u have a bunch of stations to do, extra paperwork, speeches, u also have to wait for all of ur group to be done and then more stuff...so expect a good portion of ur day to be taken up.

Miah Mars

Forum Ride Along
Exam 4004
List number 8**
Okay so I officially finished everything by January- medical, psychological, physical, intake. Around March I recieved a letter with option 2 checked off:
"You were considered and not selected for appointment or promotion to three separate vacancies. Such ineligibility is only for the above named agency (EMT Fire). Therefore, you can be recertified to that agency only upon that agency's request."

I spoke with Peggy Quinn in April and she told me that this is NOT a DQ letter and that I should continue waiting. It DOES NOT say Disqualification anywhere on the letter. A couple of weeks ago my investigator called me back after I asked him where I stand in the process. He told me to reapply, but I am still on the list because I confirmed with DCAS.
Has anyone ever gotten this letter?? If so what was the outcome????
I am really hoping to be in September.

Hunter118

Forum Captain
Exam 4004
List number 8**
Okay so I officially finished everything by January- medical, psychological, physical, intake. Around March I recieved a letter with option 2 checked off:
"You were considered and not selected for appointment or promotion to three separate vacancies. Such ineligibility is only for the above named agency (EMT Fire). Therefore, you can be recertified to that agency only upon that agency's request."

I spoke with Peggy Quinn in April and she told me that this is NOT a DQ letter and that I should continue waiting. It DOES NOT say Disqualification anywhere on the letter. A couple of weeks ago my investigator called me back after I asked him where I stand in the process. He told me to reapply, but I am still on the list because I confirmed with DCAS.
With a list # in the 800's u were supposed to be in april, did they explain as to why u were skipped ? If I were u I'd apply again this September just in case that's sort of a funky situation if ur investigator is telling u to re apply

Jcarl

Forum Crew Member
Can some one please tell me how the re weigh in works they gave me a month to lose 60 lbs are they real strict if your a few lbs over?

ems101

Forum Crew Member
A month to lose 60 lbs! If you find out how to do that, please share.. But yea they're strict on the weight issue.. What ever they told you to lose is how much they want you to weigh, not a pound more :/

Hunter118

Forum Captain
Can some one please tell me how the re weigh in works they gave me a month to lose 60 lbs are they real strict if your a few lbs over?
That's a lot of weight to lose in a month ! Losing that much in a short period of time can't be healthy , I've heard if u show progress on your next weigh in they give u another month or so to lose the weight they will not seem u medically cleared until u meet your goal weight tho . Goodluck

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
Exam 4004
List number 8**

They dont tell you why you are 'not selected'?

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Hey any news from the guys 130 or lower on 5003? We were told we would be in September but I don't see that happening. Has anybody heard anything from their employers getting any paperwork from their inbestigators? What is usually the indicator that you're all set and just waiting for a call? When investigators send letter to employers?
thanks and good luck

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant
Awesome thank you. I heard expect to be there for at least eight hours?

Yea, but it really all depends on how many people are there with you. I got lucky and there were only a total of 11 of us. And everyone had their **** together. That's the other part, the idiot factor. If people come in without their packet, or their packet not completed, or not notarized, missing ortho paperwork, etc. it's gonna slow the process down. And anger Frank. Don't make Frank angry. He can make the process very easy. Also- don't sit around and wait for stations. You don't really have to complete them in any order, except the doctor has to be last. Keep walking around to find empty stations, or ones with the short line. I was out of there before noon for mine, because everyone had their stuff completed, and wasn't an idiot.

Yes, they are strict. And 60 pounds in 30 days is a lot of weight to lose, and like someone else said. Probably not healthy. I dropped 24 in that time, and I was busting my ***, dieting correctly etc. The doc seemed shocked when I came back in and had lost that much. I guess a lot of people don't.

What number are they unto on 5003? Have a friend who is on it and was asking me where they were at. Think he's in the low 5's.

Jcarl

Forum Crew Member
What did the doc say to you when you went back?

And when I was there it was a mixed group I'm in mid 100s there were some 90s and there was one girl who was mid 1000 so I really don't know

Mugs89

Forum Captain
Getting closer and closer to the next class...I'm thinking they start calls on the 4th based on the patterns.