FDNY EMS Candidates

Bluestripe

Forum Crew Member
April 23rd is the day of intake, and we have to hope they put some of the top 100 list numbers in the July class, otherwise we're not making that September or October class. Hopefully things keep moving quickly after the intake interview. For the people that had their intake the other day, have they given u a Date for the psych? Or the next step? Good luck to all you guys
We were told we will get a letter for medical and or psych in 3 weeks

nystateofmind

Forum Ride Along
Hey guys just joined this forum though I have been following it for a while. #40X on exam 5003 and just received my PAT letter for the 26th at Fort Totten.

ariella

Forum Crew Member
Whoever starting the class in April for the beneficiary form do you know if it can be any two witnesses that see you sign the form or does it have to be someone specific. Thanks

emtgjf

Forum Crew Member
To everyone who was called and are coming a board congratulations. All the waiting was worth it. Just show up early, do what you are told and you are told to do it. If you can do that, you will do just fine. GOOD LUCK!

wanderingnick

Forum Probie
Whoever starting the class in April for the beneficiary form do you know if it can be any two witnesses that see you sign the form or does it have to be someone specific. Thanks

It could literally be anyone. Just make sure you bring proper documentation with you every location you go to (i.e. Metrotech, Ft Totten.) I highly recommend setting up a car pool with others and do not take Public transportation if at all possible, as it's unpredictable and there are no excuses to being late. There is not a lot of room to park, as there are other EMT's and Medics who are recerting. Always be 30 minutes at the very least early or you will have a very hard time from the beginning.

If you have any other questions, look back in the last 100 pages. All the info you need is already within this forum.

emtgjf

Forum Crew Member
At orientation they will help organize car pools for people who take public transportation. It's all about helping each other from day 1

Emt1273

Forum Probie
Anyone else get a call on Friday the 10th and still not receive any paperwork but has to go to metro tech tomorrow the 15th?

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
I know it says recommended not to eat 2 hrs before the physical but has anyone ate or drank a protein shake or pre workout shake or do u not recommend?

Mugs89

Forum Captain
I wouldn't take any type of anything...they lecture u first so the pre workout would wear off by the time u get to the test...I'm sure they do that on purpose... also I would be worried about ingesting any type of enhancement before a drug test

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
I wouldn't take any type of anything...they lecture u first so the pre workout would wear off by the time u get to the test...I'm sure they do that on purpose... also I would be worried about ingesting any type of enhancement before a drug test

Ok thanks i didnt mean any sort of enhancement just a protein/preworkout shake from gnc lol but I'll stick to water :)

Mugs89

Forum Captain
I feel ya, but pre workout can be considered an "enhancement", esp nowadays with its questionable contents.

bxangeljr31

Forum Crew Member
Anyone took their id photos yet? I go tomorrow and just wanna make sure...black pen, emt card, offer letter, ss, drivers license, thats all right?