FDNY EMS Candidates

kettlebell

Rocket Surgeon
Hey guys going in next week for ids what are you guys wearing?

As per the first letter you received "Casual, neat attire is acceptable"

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
Does anyone know when de blasio new budget will go into effect? I know the money will be approved in July but when will the extra tours and extra staff be added to fdny?

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
Just worked out on a stepmill for the first time holy **** thats no joke i can't even imagine it with a 40 pd vest and not being able to touch the rail ugh so nervous for my physical I'm working out as much as possible bcuz I've been hearing so many ppl failing guys and girls my friend went and failed and she said only 1 girl in her group passed not very encouraging :/

Mugs89

Forum Captain
The last minute of the stair mill can be difficult. I felt it and I'm in better than average shape..it's mostly due to the additional weight...40lbs can be a lot esp if u have a small frame with low weight...that being said u could just mentally power urself thru it...however u can't mentally power urself thru the medical

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
Just worked out on a stepmill for the first time holy **** thats no joke i can't even imagine it with a 40 pd vest and not being able to touch the rail ugh so nervous for my physical I'm working out as much as possible bcuz I've been hearing so many ppl failing guys and girls my friend went and failed and she said only 1 girl in her group passed not very encouraging :/
You will not really be able to prepare yourself only 1 week in advance.. I would just rest up and give it your best shot when the time comes

Hunter118

Forum Captain
The only way to prepare yourself is to train with a heavier weight .. Get a 50 lbs vest and train on the stair master with that .. That way when u take the pat u would be accustomed to 50 lbs , 40 lbs would seem easy

bxangeljr31

Forum Crew Member
I just called the candidate investigations department #. Lady said that since emails went out on thursday, we should receive all paperwork (like the beneficiary form) via mail early this week. The "congratulations" letter states that it is needed by orientation, not the day of id's so we should be good.

ariella

Forum Crew Member
For the physical when I took it last april I practiced on a stairmaster holding weights since I wasn't going to get a vest in time. It is much harder because it hurts your forearms but when the physical cane around it was easy

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
For the physical when I took it last april I practiced on a stairmaster holding weights since I wasn't going to get a vest in time. It is much harder because it hurts your forearms but when the physical cane around it was easy
Ok thanks so much I'm gonna do the weights and I have a 25 lb vest so I'm gonna switch it up :)

ariella

Forum Crew Member
Yeah you should be fine a lot of it is mental. But practice and you should pass especially if your practicing with the weights

RUMCEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Took the physical today stairs weren't too bad I felt the hand pedal was way rougher lol but got through it all go on the 24th for my intake interview. Seems they are moving along very quickly was told I may be in the sept class as long as I have no hold ups in the next few parts of the process

Hunter118

Forum Captain
Took the physical today stairs weren't too bad I felt the hand pedal was way rougher lol but got through it all go on the 24th for my intake interview. Seems they are moving along very quickly was told I may be in the sept class as long as I have no hold ups in the next few parts of the process
So there is going to be a sept class ? No October this year ? That's good to hear

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
April 23rd is the day of intake, and we have to hope they put some of the top 100 list numbers in the July class, otherwise we're not making that September or October class. Hopefully things keep moving quickly after the intake interview. For the people that had their intake the other day, have they given u a Date for the psych? Or the next step? Good luck to all you guys