FDNY EMS Candidates

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Hahaha not likely at all. You're looking at least a year wait minimum before you get called. As for whoever asked about the academy date, April 20th is confirmed (most likely for orientation), and 1st day would be the 21st. I'm in the academy right now and the sources are very reliable as per the chiefs and the IC of the next academy.
how do u figure a year, when theyre already past 600, with only 800 names left? he said he had a list number in the 30s, how would he get in july 2016 the earliest? good luck with everything. not every exam has the same length in process, things are moving quite quickly.

Robin25689

Forum Probie
Has anyone read any info online....the mayor wants to add 100 EMD spots and 45 BLS ambulance tours per day withing 2015-2016. Thats around 400-500 new people plus they have to keep up with their people they normally lose. So yes they are having a hiring spree, and anything is possible.

Mugs89

Forum Captain
Prolly grasping at straws, but I feel like there's more to this than a April 20th class. Looking at the board they never wait this long to call. The last time they waited this long was for that first January class this year, which preceded 2 other classes.

And to have just a 120 class is underwhelming if u need to staff 45 additional tours. The norm is 90 so 30 extra just wouldn't cut it.

Once again, I'm prolly wrong lol

emtBnyc13

Forum Crew Member
Prolly grasping at straws, but I feel like there's more to this than a April 20th class. Looking at the board they never wait this long to call. The last time they waited this long was for that first January class this year, which preceded 2 other classes.

And to have just a 120 class is underwhelming if u need to staff 45 additional tours. The norm is 90 so 30 extra just wouldn't cut it.

Once again, I'm prolly wrong lol

They do wait rather long sometimes. I have a friend who is in the academy now and he got the call Jan31st and started Feb 9th. I have not received a call and my list # is 66x on 4004.

ariella

Forum Crew Member
Hopefully they call soon I hate the waiting process of wondering when. My number in the lower range since my investigator told me too late that I was missing papers.