FDNY EMS Candidates

phoppey

Forum Crew Member
Hey guys, I have 3 quick questions. Some might have been answered but this thread is huge.

1.) What is the process after passing the academy? Are we hired immediately?

2.) What is a PAT letter?

3.) How much do we get payed in the academy?

Thanks.

After the Academy ends you will either be assigned to a station or EMD, and you get like a day or two off then you report to your station and start working.

The PAT letter is the the letter telling you what day you go in for your physical ability test.

And you make about 800 every two weeks in the academy.

Mugs89

Forum Captain
Maybe Tomm...Monday would really be putting calls into short notice territory...but then again maybe that's a filtering technique...see who really wants it

Mugs89

Forum Captain
Nah, it was bck at my interview. It's just ironic, there are bound to be people who aren't gonna be able to give current jobs a 2 week notice at this rate.

Hunter118

Forum Captain
I guess it depends on your investigator mine didn't ask me that and I've had a extensive work history since 18 , and yea this is how the fd works they don't always give two weeks

emtBnyc13

Forum Crew Member
My list number is 66x and I got skipped for the Feb academy because I had to update some paperwork. I am praying for this April class. No call yet. Keep us all posted ppl.

Hunter118

Forum Captain
My list number is 66x and I got skipped for the Feb academy because I had to update some paperwork. I am praying for this April class. No call yet. Keep us all posted ppl.
What kind of updated paper work did u need ? If u dnt mind me asking and did your investigator let u know ahead of time ?

emtBnyc13

Forum Crew Member
Unfortunately I did not know ahead of time. I just received a call on the same day that other people got their call to report to the academy but they told me that i needed a letter of support for a brief period in my past where I was unemployed. I the submitted this letter but I got passed over. My investigator told me that my application currently "looks good" and that I should be fine. The calls should be going out next week so I hoping that their isn't another issue.

Hunter118

Forum Captain
Unfortunately I did not know ahead of time. I just received a call on the same day that other people got their call to report to the academy but they told me that i needed a letter of support for a brief period in my past where I was unemployed. I the submitted this letter but I got passed over. My investigator told me that my application currently "looks good" and that I should be fine. The calls should be going out next week so I hoping that their isn't another issue.
That's odd my investigator gave me a check off list of everything I needed to get in to her from my intake I guess everyone does the process differently but good luck !

emtBnyc13

Forum Crew Member
That's odd my investigator gave me a check off list of everything I needed to get in to her from my intake I guess everyone does the process differently but good luck !

Good luck top you too. I don't think anyone will hear anything until Monday.