Zoll X Series Capnography tips?

jdemt

Forum Crew Member
I’ve consistently had issues with the Zoll capnograph. I have the EtCo2 set at max amplitude, and have yet to see a bronchospastic waveform on patients that would definitely exhibit this waveform (severe asthma etc.) on other monitors (Phillips MRX). Is this operator error? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
The only issue I ever had with it was screwing in the etco2 prior to turning the capno on. Made it take forever to get a reading. I miss my Zoll x series. Stuck with an lp15 right now... :(

OP
OP
jdemt

jdemt

Forum Crew Member
The only issue I ever had with it was screwing in the etco2 prior to turning the capno on. Made it take forever to get a reading. I miss my Zoll x series. Stuck with an lp15 right now... :(

Gotcha. I’ve been letting it warm up before plugging it in, so maybe I just need to study up on wave form recognition. Thank you!

PotatoMedic

Gotcha. I’ve been letting it warm up before plugging it in, so maybe I just need to study up on wave form recognition. Thank you!
I'm not saying you are not having issues. I've just never had issues. Maybe ask Zoll to do a qa of your monitor?

OP
OP
jdemt

jdemt

Forum Crew Member
I'm not saying you are not having issues. I've just never had issues. Maybe ask Zoll to do a qa of your monitor?

That’s a good thought but we switch ambulances/monitors almost daily, and it’s the same for all of them. I’m a baby medic, so I’m figuring there has to be a knowledge gap. I’m actually kinda jealous of your Life Pack, simply because the tracing is larger.

PotatoMedic

It's also pounds heavier, it is a pain in the butt to get it to print a 12 lead some times, and a few other issues but over all it works and does the job so I'm happy with it.