You know your an EMT....

clibb

Forum Captain
- You know you're an EMT when your friends turn up the music in the car when you're trying to tell them about an "awesome" call that happened earlier that day.
- You know you're an EMT when you stop during a mission on Splinter Cell: Conviction just to look at the ambulance crew (in the game) doing CPR on a patient and critique it.
- You know you're an EMT when almost every damn application in your phone is either a medical application or dispatch application.
- You know you're an EMT when you have your patient's address' saved on your personal GPS because the one in the bus failed.
- You know you're an EMT when you walk into a sporting event and look for the nearest AED.
- You know you're an EMT when you try to pick up chicks by talking about EMT class and some "crazy" stuff you've seen and done. (Never works).
- You know you're an EMT when you asses how you would do on people who get injured on TV.
- You know you're an EMT when your friends try to make a joke about an injury and you start arguing with them that it would NEVER work like that.

wolfwyndd

Forum Captain
when almost every damn application in your phone is either a medical application or dispatch application.

I actually programmed our local hospital contact numbers into my personal phone a couple of weeks ago because the phone in the medic died on a call.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
I actually programmed our local hospital contact numbers into my personal phone a couple of weeks ago because the phone in the medic died on a call.

One of my old cellphones had them all programmed in there to begin with. Hell, as it stands, my current phone 80+% of my contacts are work related between the different places I work.

An exchange with my fiancee when we first started dating:
Her (waking up to see my the light on my phone blinking): "Why the hell do you have the Chicago NTSB Office phone number in your phone?"
Me (half awake): "Huh?"
Her: "More importantly, why do you have a missed call from them?"
Me: "Oh crap, give me that."

Lucy212

Forum Crew Member
Very funny. I've yet to achieve a few of them, but I have 50% down, still working on the other half.

~ L

KY_EMT

Forum Crew Member
when almost every damn application in your phone is either a medical application or dispatch application.

Definitely yeah!!! :rolleyes: You never know when you'll need the number on a call.

Last edited by a moderator:

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
I've seen medics pick up a phone in the hospital and dial dispatch from memory. Is that usual?

most medics who have been around awhile know the dispatch number. Its truly not that hard to remember.

medicman90

Forum Crew Member
AMEN. On those calls where they needed a WHAAAAmbulance, we strongly suggest one hospital because "it's your best bet," aka they're the nice ones who feed us oreos and gatorade instead of the quarter once chek sodas :p

I'm pretty sure you can go to jail for admitting that...

hospitals have been fined for giving crews perks like that too...

seriously...just take your oreos and gatorade and munchies and don't talk about it...

especially online

reaper

Working Bum
There is nothing wrong with hospitals providing food and drink. No laws against it.

You ethically do not advise one hospital over another, unless it is a special circumstance( trauma,cva,OB, burns) You cannot go to jail for it.

Please have experience and knowledge, before making statements like that.

jjesusfreak01

Forum Deputy Chief
You know you're an EMT...

When you feel the need to put passed out kids in the recovery position at the end of that big frat party :)

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
after

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
You know you're an EMT when you get all the way to a long thread and no one has laughed at the spelling error in the title.

:)