You know your a medic student when.....

Emtgirl21

Forum Lieutenant
1.) You watch a video in class and then have a dream of talking cells.

2.) You start looking at a persons veins when you meet them.....wishing you could poke the "pretty" ones.

3.) You always have drug cards in your hands.

We have been covering cells this last week hard. I was absolutely exhausted after wensedays class and decided to catch a nap at the station before my shift. I dreamed about those stupid cells on their little journey through the body....and they TALKED.....but hey i got a 100% on the test yesterday.

Epi-do

I see dead people
That is so true! And I don't know about you, but I no longer have days of the week. I have days I go to work, to class, to hospital clinicals, and to ambulance ride-outs. Somedays two or three of those things are the same day.

Rattletrap

Forum Lieutenant
LOL EPI, This was my life for a year while in Medic Class. Get up go to work, go to class, clinicals, go to bed. Next day, same thing all over again.

I still size up peoples veins.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
4) When you close your eyes; you still see ECG squares.

I remember when I was in Paramedic school, and we were practicing 10 -12 megacodes per person a day:wacko:. One night I was awakened, by wife at the time (an ER nurse) stating.. "what med would you like now?"... Appearantly, I had been talking in my sleep, and running a code.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
I remember when I was in Paramedic school, and we were practicing 10 -12 megacodes per person a day:wacko:. One night I was awakened, by wife at the time (an ER nurse) stating.. "what med would you like now?"... Appearantly, I had been talking in my sleep, and running a code.

what med did you tell her? Did you get it right?

My medic class started Monday. I am in for a tough one.

Epi-do

I see dead people
Well, even on duty the guys are letting me do more of the assessment and asking what I want to do instead of just jumping in on the ALS runs. I did a clinical on the ambulance last night and only got 2 hours of sleep and then went down the street to my station for my shift today.

We had a run on a lady having definate signs of a CVA and one of the medics on scene asked what I wanted to do. I was so tired, that I told him the first thing that came to mind..."Take her to the hospital." The look on his face was priceless!