Would anybody be interested in starting a national EMT fraternity?

Vladimir

Forum Probie
I was thinking that they have masons and college frats that focus on brotherhood and connections... but wouldnt EMT's in a fraternity of somesort be powerful? because we come from a wide array of professions and then most of us are in a wide array of careers later on. Computers, business, accounting, biology, medicine, pd/fd, basically all the things that matter. And for the most part, there is a EMS culture that we all share... Who would be interested in starting a fraternity for EMS? We could end up eventually doing things like confrences and stuff every year...

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
As opposed to the NAEMT or any other of various trade organizations already out there?

OP
OP
V

Vladimir

Forum Probie
It would fill a different niche, it would be more of a social organization, rather than soley a professional or service organization.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
More of a social organization but with conferences? :wacko:

Pass.

It takes money to fund those types of organizations, and in today's economy I don't see a lot of people willing to part with what little disposable income they have to join a social organization with no discernible difference to well established organizations already in existence.

OP
OP
V

Vladimir

Forum Probie
Conventions, social gathernings of persons from all the different part of the country to congregate. And we are talking about due in the 25-100 dollar a year range... nothing huge.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Conventions, social gathernings of persons from all the different part of the country to congregate. And we are talking about due in the 25-100 dollar a year range... nothing huge.

Plus the cost of travel, food, and lodging to attend...not to mention time off from work. Your 25-100 dollars per year can easily turn into over a grand per year when you factor in those.

And you have yet to define anything that would differentiate your fraternity from any other organization already in existence. You keep stating it would be a social group, but what good would that do any of it's members? At least organizations like that NAEMT can actually have an affect on EMS as a whole by lobbying efforts, protocol input, etc...

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader

I guess I don't see how this fills a niche that doesn't already exist. And while I like working in EMS, I don't really have a huge desire to spend more time with EMS outside of when I am getting paid. I like my coworkers, but I only hang with them out of work on rare occasions.

Level1pedstech

Forum Captain
I'm game to start an EMS drinking club.

Im in, it just so happens I am hitting the keys on my ipad with my right hand and I am fishing around in my ice chest for a frosty adult beverage with my left hand. Would this qualify me for membership because I think its an idea whose time has come. We will need a name for the club nothing fancy got any ideas?

Level1pedstech

Forum Captain
I guess I don't see how this fills a niche that doesn't already exist. And while I like working in EMS, I don't really have a huge desire to spend more time with EMS outside of when I am getting paid. I like my coworkers, but I only hang with them out of work on rare occasions.

I prefer to be around EMS people as well as people in fire,law enforcement and fellow ER workers. Normal people are just to boring and they lack that sort of twisted personality trait that people in the above mentioned lines of work have.

MedicBender

Forum Captain
Im in, it just so happens I am hitting the keys on my ipad with my right hand and I am fishing around in my ice chest for a frosty adult beverage with my left hand. Would this qualify me for membership because I think its an idea whose time has come. We will need a name for the club nothing fancy got any ideas?

As I'm typing this in refilling my cooler with 24 more.

Club names needed to be voted on. We are a frat after all.

DOA. Drinkers of America? Well have to change it if the Aussies join up.

Level1pedstech

Forum Captain
As I'm typing this in refilling my cooler with 24 more.

Club names needed to be voted on. We are a frat after all.

DOA. Drinkers of America? Well have to change it if the Aussies join up.

As Im typing this Im turning over a couple of rib eyes then I think a nice tall rum and coke might be in my near future,helps to cut the hot desert dust.

Aussies? Next we will have to let the girls in,just kidding ladies all are welcome.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I prefer to be around EMS people as well as people in fire,law enforcement and fellow ER workers. Normal people are just to boring and they lack that sort of twisted personality trait that people in the above mentioned lines of work have.

I need a break from the personalities of EMS, so I swap for friends that are a different type of bizarre. :wacko:

MedicBender

Forum Captain
As Im typing this Im turning over a couple of rib eyes then I think a nice tall rum and coke might be in my near future,helps to cut the hot desert dust.

Aussies? Next we will have to let the girls in,just kidding ladies all are welcome.

We just fired up the grill. Hopefully we manage to get some food going here soon.

I've drank in many countries, and the aussies are the ones who always kept up lol

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
We just fired up the grill. Hopefully we manage to get some food going here soon.

I've drank in many countries, and the aussies are the ones who always kept up lol

So far the Kiwis (New Zealanders) have also proven adept at this.