Workplace Violence

OP
OP
Rin

Rin

Forum Captain
Thanks for the support, folks. I was worried about reporting something that's so subjective, but the more I think about it, he put me at risk. He put that poor little old lady at risk. I would never do that to a partner. Call me old fashioned, but I believe partners have a duty to protect each other.

The cherry on top, we were dispatched afterward for a psych that had a higher probability of being combative (based on the destination: high-security ward). I was thinking, "How am I going to watch my back from two different directions at once?" You know something's wrong when you have to worry about that. I was glad we got canceled off that call.

I've already been told I don't have to work with him again. But what about his next partners? Or his next patients? I wouldn't want my friends in a truck with him. Reckless, violent, unprofessional.

Thanks for the pep talk guys. Now, is it still a technical foul if I report it to a different supe than I talked to last time? We have three supes, all directly above us, same level.

rails

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
<snip> I've already been told I don't have to work with him again. But what about his next partners? Or his next patients? I wouldn't want my friends in a truck with him. Reckless, violent, unprofessional.

Thanks for the pep talk guys. Now, is it still a technical foul if I report it to a different supe than I talked to last time? We have three supes, all directly above us, same level.

I'm always hesitant to do anything that looks like supervisor-shopping. I would personally either re-initiate the conversation with the same supervisor, or I would file a report or send an email that outlines what occurred as well as the conversation with that supervisor. That second option (doing a report or sending an email) may be the best thing to do.

We'll see what suggestions come from others on here.