Will this affect my employment opportunities?

FutureFielder

Forum Ride Along
I know! It's another employment thread. Sorry to be that guy, but this has been eating at me for a while.

Earlier this week, while feeling ill, I made the foolish decision to go through the exit door of a train platform in New York City. Got an entry without payment violation. It goes without saying that I regret this decision, and plan on seeing if I can get my violation dropped.

Regardless, if I do end up having to pay the fine for my violation (which isn't put on your criminal record) will this make it harder for me to be employed?

The police officer who wrote my ticket said it's no different from a traffic ticket, and it wouldn't be detrimental in the slightest... But I just became a certified EMT, and helping people in their worst moments is what I want to do with the rest of my life, and I need to know from a more reliable source that this won't damage my career opportunities.

OP
OP
F

FutureFielder

Forum Ride Along
An anonymous message board populated by EMTs and EMT employers? Thought that someone on this board could give me some insight, oddly enough.

I'm still going to talk to a few medical directors in my area, but I didn't think asking here could help. Thanks for the question

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
I'd be surprised if it caused much trouble. No one is perfect! If it doesn't even show up on a criminal record, unless they specifically ask about crimes not on your record, it shouldn't even come up.

That being said, I would pay the fine. That way, if it does come up, you can say "I screwed up, accepted the consequences, and learned from it." Looks better than "I screwed up, fought the consequences, and learned from it" in my opinion!

Wes

Forum Lieutenant
If you're that concerned, I'd recommend seeking legal counsel from an attorney licensed in your state. Preferrably someone with expertise in healthcare licensing.