Wilderness EMT course.

RescueRider724

Forum Crew Member
In a rural setting in Western PA here and stumbled across the above mentioned course; it is listed as accepted by NREMT for re-certification purposes...has anyone taken this course and/or comments about the delivery, material covered, etc..?

gotbeerz001

Forum Deputy Chief
I've taken the Wilderness EMT through Wilderness Medical Associates. It was a fun class and there was some interesting information but all in all it was not terribly beneficial. We learned to reduce some dislocations, had to get creative for long walk-out / carry-out scenarios and clearing c-spine (before it was en vogue again). Some patient packaging options could be useful but difficult to remember for the one time in your career that you use it. It was a lot of fun and the people that went were fun to drink with. A good option for CEs.

Amber Lance

Forum Probie
I agree with above. I took it through NOLS and it was a pretty good refresher and a fun time, but we didn't learn anything outrageously different. It maybe helped with some problem-solving skills as well for those of us who didn't have a huge amount of field experience.