Who Works for CARE Ambulance?

estie

Forum Ride Along
I have my first interview with them on Friday and I wanted to know if you guys got any tips for me when I do go through with the grueling process of being excessively nervous.

I know I have a written test (Ahhhhh, scary!!!)
Along with skills and an oral interview.

So ya, hints, tips, anything would be nice. I really REALLY want to work for them, so ya, hence why I am so nervous right now, a week away...

-Estie

Ethanol4all

Forum Probie
hm...

Hm, CARE Ambulance.... i'm guessing it's the one in the OC? if not, disregard the rest of this message lol....

But It's a good company, and since it seems like you're a starting off EMT, best of luck to you on that one. I know that a lot of the calls they run are 911 alongside Fire, so you'll get PLENTY of experience.

Pay might be a little iffy on that one, but as far as SoCal Ambulance companies go, you'll start to realize pretty early on that the more "911" calls a private ambulance company tends to run, the less revenue they tend to generate. AMR had a LOT of trouble with that, and now they have realized that running transports (although 911 brings prestige) is where the REAL money is at. But, I'll let you ponder on that one, and figure out how insurance ultimately factors into the medical equation later.

I'm in that area often, i'm working with TransAid Ambulance now (we're mostly situated in Glendale, but we run TONS of transports down along the county line)...

As far as that test and interview goes, you should be fine. They just want to make sure you're "normal" and not some random person that'll steal an ambulance and sell it in mexico, so just be happy and don't be nervous at all...

There's tons of Ambulance companies down here anyways.

and the test? don't worry about that either. I've taken a bunch of them, and they're all pretty straightforward. Most of them aren't nearly as hard as the NREMT. But to be safe, just quickly review everything you learned in school, esp if you think you're out of touch with your EMT knowledge.

Don't worry, you'll be fine... and worst come to worst, come work for us at TransAid lol....jk... :p

best of luck to you...and definitely tell us how it goes!

Ethanol4all

Forum Probie
Yeah

but again, with CARE it's a guarantee you will be running 911.... so KNOW your skills inside out. You'll DEFINITELY need to be proficient at each and every one of them. And be up to date on your knowledge, you'll need that too. Go in there with confidence, and show them what you can do! Yeah!

This is why I'm an EMT, not a motivational speaker.

Ops Paramedic

Forum Captain
Good luck with your interview!! These can be hairasing and being nervous is natural, if you weren't, we'd be worried. An interview is a formal process whereby the service sees what they like and vice versa. Unfortunatly there may be test involved. No matter what the test, do your best, that will be good enough for you.

We all have to start off somewhere, and if this is your spot, so be it. If not, there will be many others, its up to you.