Who works for AMR in the union?

EMTgurl911

Forum Crew Member
I was just wondering if anybody in this forum works for AMR and they are part of the union I guess the place I work for in Riverside as in AMR, they are union and the question I was asking was to see if they provide the uniforms free of cost or what. Any opinons would be greatly appreciated thanks.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
when i was with amr, they provided uniforms at no charge. however, they provide only the basics. any upgrades are at your cost. the pants they issue are plain legged duty pants. so if you want emt style pants(with the thigh pockets), they are on you. they also dont issue you a sweatshirt for intermediate weather. northeast division has a standing agreement with several embroidery shops to supply rubin's with the company logo on them, but at your cost. they dis not provide boots, which is fine with me as i like to be the one who decided what boots i wear. they provide s/s and l/s shirts and a three season jacket.

N.B. as with 95% of the information i provide about amr, this information is from when i worked there 4 years ago.

MJordan2121

Forum Crew Member
Amr

I work with AMR (South Mississippi Division) and I received 4 pairs of pants, EMT style (the ones that have 9 pockets), 2 Long-sleeved shirts, 4 short sleeve shirts, Raincoat and Jacket with a fleece liner that zips in or out of the jacket. I am not part of a union and the uniforms were no cost to me.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Here, we are issued EMS pants and uniform shirts, as well as a 3-season jacket. We provide our own boots, belt, and underwear.

Our operation doesn't let us wear jobshirts or sweatshirts.... except for our event uniform, which is a polo and/or a sweatshirt... provided by the company.

I'm not sure what the union might have... except for perhaps a footwear allowance.