Who is the Oldest EMT on EMTLIFE

possum

Forum Crew Member
I'm just wonder who is the oldesr EMT on EMTLIFE is?....

I'm going on my 10th year

firecoins

IFT Puppet
I have 8 years experience.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
12 (or more if you want to count attending when it was "If you have a driver's license, an 8 hr. ARC-First Aid Card, and don't puke at the sight of blood, come on board!")

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
30 yrs. this past June 8'th. That is full time, and I started in working in ER when I was 15 so add a couple of years to that. I have 17 years as a RN. Amazing, I still work 96+ hrs a week.

No, I don't need blue pads... :D

R/r 911

firecoins

IFT Puppet
30 yrs. this past June 8'th. That is full time, and I started in working in ER when I was 15 so add a couple of years to that. I have 17 years as a RN. Amazing, I still work 96+ hrs a week.

No, I don't need blue pads... :D

R/r 911

how do you find the time to post?

oldschoolmedic

Forum Lieutenant
Eight years as a Navy Corpsman (field med, and ambulance for a year), three years EMT, just kicked fifteen years as a paramedic, putting me to 19 years total in EMS full-time.

At 42, I don't bounce like I used to.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
I do it while my basic lifts the cot, assess the patient, administers the med.'s , start the IV's, intubates the patient, and drives back... while I collect the fee.. Hey, the basics have contended they could do it !

*just joking!

R/r 911

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Oh thank God! I thought you were asking how old we were!

I have 5 years experience with EMS administration, record keeping, credentialing, setting up classes, billing, doing the stuff even basics won't touch, followed by 7 years as an EMT-B.

certguy

Forum Captain
Who's the oldest ??????

Originally , 14 yrs. , 5 FD , 8 private amb. . Originally got certified in 1980 while in the USN . I was the first non - corpsman to complete navy EMT school at NAS Miramar . ( bummer , the marines have the base now ) I took a 15 yr hiadus and recerted NREMT in june . I think rid's got us all beat .

Craig :unsure:

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
Took my first EMT class in 1980, but was riding on units since I was an "adult advisor" in an Explorer post at the ripe old age of 19 or 20, and have been a firefighter in one form or another continuously since 1981. That gives me about 27 years, give or take a few months; and no, I'm not old, either!

Epi-do

I see dead people
I've been an EMT for 8 years, and have finally gotten my butt in gear to go to medic school. I really should have done it a long, long time ago!

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Human years or dog years, LOL

8 years going on 9, On the busy days it seems like 20! Yikes!! :p

joemt

Forum Lieutenant
I've been an EMT since 1991... and was a First Responder for a couple of years before that.

Jo

SC Bird

Forum Lieutenant
I think I might get the youngest pup award. Still in Basic school and have only two internships for true experience.

-Matt

Canoeman

Forum Crew Member
Man, why does this always come up? I received my first EMT card in 1974, then became a paramedic in 1980. You do the math. I'm to old to count that high ----------ha!

Canoeman

babygirl2882

Forum Captain
I think I might get the youngest pup award. Still in Basic school and have only two internships for true experience.

-Matt

Well if the question who is the youngest with some kind of ems education you win...but I think I might win youngest :D but I do have 2 medic first aid cards :D lol!

emt 92591

Forum Probie
i feel like a newborn a year in EMS and less than a year here.
this is a wonderful site Keep It Up ^_^ Jamie